LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 K&N filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 12:37 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people just think they're hero's, coz they've been on a forum so long the Forum is their empire and they're the king . They become admins etc and then end up at GOD LEVEL status. Lol. Happens everywhere. Make sure you wear your mask and get your umteenth booster. Lmao.

Old 04-18-2023, 03:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

....what the funk are you talking about?!?!?!?

The following users liked this post:
DakotaTravler (04-18-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 03:44 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 715 Likes on 601 Posts

I think this post is where the crackheads hang out now.

The following 2 users liked this post by DakotaTravler:
Dorel (04-18-2023), houm_wa (04-18-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 05:49 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

got a lighter?

The following users liked this post:
DakotaTravler (04-19-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 11:57 PM
Overlanding

Where does my Fibre OptiK Cable under me drivers seat go? Never Smoked Crack/ice/smack. So its not offensive my transmission. But i think OfFeNdEd ThE Idi Amin of the pAge. As since being new = Peasant. I posted on here after finding a disconnected cable for my rear entertainment system under my drivers seat. Only since the layman serf i am I posted it in an Ancient Thread.I was adding the Idi Admin God status as a forum joke.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:58 PM
Overlanding

Got the extra Butane?

Old 06-09-2023, 06:36 PM
6th Gear

Hey, I resemble that! Heard bad things about K& N also. Project farm on YouTube ( Testing and Review Channel) makes me wish I didn't just spend over $100 for the filter and kit. First time I was exposed to K &N was on a pro model Stihl chainsaw and I loved it! Compared to my other Stihl it had to have had 10x the filter area and it had this elastic felt sock that was a prefilter to the acordian part. Most times i just pulled the prefilter off and snapped the prefilter against my leg and I only had to wash and reoil the filter a couple times a year. My feller was a Husky man but when he saw how efficient the K&N air filter was he found an aftermarket kit for his Huskies. My saw was 18 years old and still running fairly strong when a wildfire melted it to a bar chain and sproket with a glob of cast alloy and plastic stuck on it.

Old 08-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by cavedude2
Hey, I resemble that! Heard bad things about K& N also. Project farm on YouTube ( Testing and Review Channel) makes me wish I didn't just spend over $100 for the filter and kit. First time I was exposed to K &N was on a pro model Stihl chainsaw and I loved it! Compared to my other Stihl it had to have had 10x the filter area and it had this elastic felt sock that was a prefilter to the acordian part. Most times i just pulled the prefilter off and snapped the prefilter against my leg and I only had to wash and reoil the filter a couple times a year. My feller was a Husky man but when he saw how efficient the K&N air filter was he found an aftermarket kit for his Huskies. My saw was 18 years old and still running fairly strong when a wildfire melted it to a bar chain and sproket with a glob of cast alloy and plastic stuck on it.
Yeah,,I Think a lot of it has to do with looking after the filter washing and oiling them correctly. I put a Standard (Rectangular) one in My VZ SS 6.TR (Chev Engine) and the Power on the Dyno churned out 254.7 Kw At the rear wheels I'd only Put a twin 3'' Exhaust and the standard K&N airfilter..There was no need for an over the radiator or as some people use a pod filter and suck hot air from Under the engine bay. The Dyno bloke was shocked it was a Stock L76 6ltr churning out such power. He suggested to leave the standard Air intake. I figured being a sport model The Holdens factory would have tested it and found the Original air intake to be sufficient.. I read up that people installing over the radiator intakes were complaining of power loss.and blaming the K&N and other Filter manufacturers. It was just simply the Heat from the Radiator rising up heating the intake and making them lose anywhere from 20 to 50 KW! They revert to the standard Intake with rectangle ''Standard ''K&N and gain the correct power back. I get minimal build up in my Throttle body, no different to a paper filter. 15 Yrs no problems. Had one in my car previously had it 10 yrs still got the engine the intake and pistons are pristine. It may be a lot of the negative stuff is from power loss lack of oil over oiling etc. Putting the intake in the engine bay sucking in hot aire and thinking it's the filters fault :/ Shame about ya chainsaw. Typical. Cheers, From Oz.Seems no one can tell me where my fibre optic cable under drivers seat goes,

Old 08-06-2023, 08:13 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by FUNKRANGER
Yeah,,I Think a lot of it has to do with looking after the filter washing and oiling them correctly. I put a Standard (Rectangular) one in My VZ SS 6.TR (Chev Engine) and the Power on the Dyno churned out 254.7 Kw At the rear wheels I'd only Put a twin 3'' Exhaust and the standard K&N airfilter..There was no need for an over the radiator or as some people use a pod filter and suck hot air from Under the engine bay. The Dyno bloke was shocked it was a Stock L76 6ltr churning out such power. He suggested to leave the standard Air intake. I figured being a sport model The Holdens factory would have tested it and found the Original air intake to be sufficient.. I read up that people installing over the radiator intakes were complaining of power loss.and blaming the K&N and other Filter manufacturers. It was just simply the Heat from the Radiator rising up heating the intake and making them lose anywhere from 20 to 50 KW! They revert to the standard Intake with rectangle ''Standard ''K&N and gain the correct power back. I get minimal build up in my Throttle body, no different to a paper filter. 15 Yrs no problems. Had one in my car previously had it 10 yrs still got the engine the intake and pistons are pristine. It may be a lot of the negative stuff is from power loss lack of oil over oiling etc. Putting the intake in the engine bay sucking in hot aire and thinking it's the filters fault :/ Shame about ya chainsaw. Typical. Cheers, From Oz.Seems no one can tell me where my fibre optic cable under drivers seat goes,
The fibre cable goes from the amp to the head unit either along the trans tunnel or in the sill where the other harness runs are.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:43 AM
Overlanding

This cable can only go somewhere around the amp module under the drivers seat, only it's not immediately obvious as to just where that is, it can't be far from where it's unplugged. almost looks as if an extension cord 'jack' is missing. I'll have to pull it all out and retry plugging everything back in. Cheers. Was hoping someone would say , 'Ahh that's the A B C Cable that often comes unplugged'. We can all dream.