LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 won't start, multiple codes and no solution. Trans fault Parking break fault, HDC

Old 12-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did serval hard rests

I spent 4 hours today tracing can not get any where

One more thing I realize today that when I put the key to on position flashers are going. I think it thinks I am trying to steel the car. I notice the red security light in the dash done go off either. It is doing the same thing that it was doing before I put the key in.

This tells that my immobilized is not deactivating ?

I am correct on this assumption ?

Anybody ?

Old 01-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Overlanding

I don't get the same violate at the diagnostic socket pin 16 as the battery
According to the wiring diagram I should get the same voltage
It goes thru fuse 18e in the BJC and 63P in the CJB
Does this mean wiring between these places have short or lose connection

Old 01-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Overlanding

After few weeks of trouble shooting finally I think I have zero in on the issues.

Wire harnes going in the instrument cluster has some wires pinched.

They are so close to the connector , not sure how to fix it ? Anybody had this issue before

Attached Thumbnails LR3 won't start, multiple codes and no solution. Trans fault Parking break fault, HDC-image.jpeg  
Old 03-12-2019, 10:57 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys !
which component can the rain water ( dripping out of the sunroof water catch case ) damage 1st or 2nd that the system starts throwing all warnings at once ( Transmission Fault/limited gears/lowest power/ Suspension fault/Engine system fault/ parking brake ) ? whatever component gets water damage starts functioning back ok after a 3-4 days time after it has dried out. So far Ive checked the following, and its my RR sport (non superC AJV8 Jag engine 2006) ;
1.disconnected / reconnected the battery
2.removed the battery and checked all connectors around and on the ITC, found a main big blue wires hub slightly wet with oily substance , cleaned, dried and sanded terminals with 3mm sanding bit on a hand drill, no change
3.removed the brake light switch, cleaned and sanded internal terminals but no change
4.removed / disconnected the rear lights completely and no change detected, still getting same errors
5.removed both driver & passengers side leg panels, cleaned/dried/sanded any/all terminals on all connectors found slightly affected by water , no change
6.Air suspension module near the brake light switch was ok and not corroded
7.removed the headliner half way to see any possible traces/leads of water damage

only thing remaining is hooking up a diagnostic tool and check for codes or reset the faults
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated

Thanking you all
Manan

Old 03-12-2019, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Water draining on the center console can ruin a lot of switches. Terrain response, suspension height, transfer case range select parking brake...

I'm assuming you cleaned the tcm connection behind the battery

Old 03-12-2019, 07:57 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Center console

​​​​​I noticed the headliner wet more towards the bPillars and mustve travelled down to the side walls, no water dripped right on top of center console, I opened and checked all terminals there, it seemed ok.
behind the battery I could only take out the "Integrated transfer case" also unplugged the 2 large plugs behind it , probably on the Tcm, im not sure as I couldn't take the component out. But its so depressing to see the RR sit there day after day im really regretting every day for the past 2 months not being able to drive it

​​​
Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Water draining on the center console can ruin a lot of switches. Terrain response, suspension height, transfer case range select parking brake...

I'm assuming you cleaned the tcm connection behind the battery

Old 01-08-2024, 11:50 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cmb6s
Also, I agree that I really don't think it's a battery or ground issue, though I would give more credence to the grounding theory than the battery one. However, I think one easy way to check both of these items would be to simply try to jump start the LR3 from another running car. As long as you attach the negative battery cable to the chassis or some other good ground point on the LR3 (which you should always do anyway), it should take the battery and the battery grounding cable out of the loop. Not to say that there couldn't be a grounding issue elsewhere (like to one of the computer modules), but this would at least let you check the negative battery cable and the battery itself off your list.

Too bad you can't push start an automatic... otherwise, it would be an easy test to cross the bad starter theory off as well.
It IS the battery!