LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav screen stays on after LR3 locked

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav screen stays on after LR3 locked

Is it normal for the nav screen and stereo screen to stay lit up after shutting vehicle off and locking it up?

Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Nav screen stays on after LR3 locked

It isn't. I experienced it when I encountered the problem with trying to answer an incoming call when you are already taking a first call on the blue tooth connection. NEVER, EVER try to answer an incoming call if you'e already talking through the blue tooth connection in your truck.It locks up the NAV system making it do just what you described. It will drain your battery over night if left like that.Not sure if a soft reset would fix it (on-off, on-off, on-off, Fully crack up truck) but if it doesn't, a quick battery disconect should be all it takes to reset it. If you disconnect and it is still doing the same, then it's something new I've never seen before.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Drifting

I went back 10 min later and it was off? Once again, it was the nav screen and stereo screen that were lit up

Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They should shut down when you turn off the ignition. The radio will keep playing until you remove the key from the ignition. If they stay on after you remove the key, it is not normal. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to just before you start cranking he engine and back to off, three times, and on the forth time start the engine. That should reset any computer glitches, if that is what it is.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wait, did you buy that 05 that you posted about earlier? or is this something you'v noticed with it?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Drifting

My '06 LR3 HSE has been doing the same thing. It is intermittent, and the way I've cleared it is to re-insert the key, turn it to the on position (just before the starter turns over) and then back off. After that, both the nav and the stereo will shut down.

I brought it in for service, they checked it out, and made some adjustment and the truck was good for a few weeks, though it appears to be back again.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Drifting

First, I did commit to this LR3 earlier today. All checked out with the ppiand my guy is gonna do the 90k while it's there(fluids and plugs). I called the LR service writer and he said that ifscreens stay on for only 10-15min that is ok... He claims that sometimes the nav/computer is saving or updating info...could this be correct? I will try the key thing. What about disconnecting the battery to reset everything? Is that recommended? Warranty is basically non-existant for a LR with these miles. It was owned by a female doctor who commuted to a hopital everyday that was 100 miles RT. She apparently did all service on it according to LR Dealer when I called them to check the history.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well congrats on your purchase and enjoy! That does sound legitamte about the Nav screen and I would wait before taking any actions because interupting the update process migth cause issues with the navigation system. However, if this continues for awhile, you might want to try the soft reset and or there might even be a setting somewhere that the previous owner may have put on there to keep the nav screen and radio on for 10 minutes. I do not know if what I am saying is completley true but, LR3s are programable and customizeable and you might be able to find the setting in the odometer or "information display" when scrolling through the options. I could be completley wrong but, its worth a shot.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:56 PM
8th Gear

Mine does the same thing.
Sometimes it shuts right down.
Sometimes it stays on for a long time.
It will eventually shut itself off.
Dealer says this is normal.