LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needing a little help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012 | 01:55 AM
|
Overlanding
Default Needing a little help

I havn't been on in a while, so i guess that means the car has been running pretty good.
Anyways im having a little problem with my 4.4l engine intermittently lately. I started it the other day and the engine was spuddering. I put the pedal to the floor and nothing and it stayed right at 1000 to 1500 rpm in neutral with no increase to rpm and still spuddered. The computer flashed for a second of what i think said engine system fault or failure i cant remember it only flashed it once and i didn't get that good of a look at it. turned it off an bak on, same thing. but it eventually cleared up and started revving like normal, without a check engine light coming on and hadnt seen it since. my wife was driving to work this morning and it did it while the car was running she said it was driving fine and then fell on its face down to like 5 mph and wouldn't pick up rpm's she said it read the same thing and then popped the check engine light on. so i went to pik her up and it was revving fine. check engine light was on, and she said it said not to run cruise control also but i didn't see any thing about the cruise control when i went down there. unfortunately i cleared the code before getting to read what it said. im thinking it's the ignition, maybe a diode but iv looked for a while for threads on here about it and couldn't find anything so i thought id ask if anyone has gone through the same thing, or if anyone knows what it is. Im almost positive its electrical and part of the ignition.... sorry if this thread is already out there but i couldnt find anything on the subject. Its a 2005 se 4.4L w/ 110kmiles. any help would b greatly appreciated since i dont really want to wait till it does it again to have to read the code.......... Also id like to bypass my rear brake sensor does anyone now if it can b done or what size resister it would take to to do this????? truthfully not sure if its possible but im tired of messing w it an would like to bypass the whole thing......any thoughts??? thank you

Old 12-12-2012 | 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

electrical yes, but more likely the motorized throttle body or the accelerator pedal position sensor. It is electrons that you release when putting pedal to the metal. There is a sensor with wires up on the gas pedal, start with an examination of that.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Description and Operation.pdf (125.9 KB, 142 views)
Old 12-12-2012 | 04:28 PM
TReK

Clean the throttlebody, if it still does it check codes you may have a bad one. If it throws a fault for throttlebody which is a p2196 I believe then replace it without repairing it.

Old 12-12-2012 | 06:32 PM
|
Overlanding

ok thanx, ill start ther i was thinking the throttle body also just forgot to say something about it...... thank you ill check er out.....also anything about the brake sensor bypass?????

Old 12-13-2012 | 08:11 AM
TReK

no, not at all. that is just for the brake pads, that means they are low.