LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) LR3 taking delivery today

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:55 AM
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New (to me) LR3 taking delivery today

Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Bill, I live in Rockwall, Texas.
I'm taking delivery of a 2006 LR3 SE-7 Silver with black interior today in Dallas.
The vehicle is warranted through 75,000 miles and it only has 22k on the clock so far.
I'll post some pictures later after I get it home.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New (to me) LR3 taking delivery today

Congrats on the purchase. Check in with this forum when you can. There are tons of good info and experience floating around here

Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also am in Dallas. I bought a used 2005 LR3 for my daughter, which is still under warranty. I scheduled service recently with Land Rover Frisco two weeks in advance so that I could get a loaner, which I asked for and was told was no problem. When I got there 20 miles from the house and without a ride back I was then told I could not have a loaner because i did not buy the LR3 there. I was pissed because I scheduled the service with Frisco after the Dallas Rover shop told me IN ADVANCE they would not give me a loaner.

Is this the standard level of customer service with land Rover dealers? I can't believe they won't give me a loan car when I am bringing the car to their shop, especially under warranty. I have NEVER had this issue arise with Porsche, Mercedes, BMW or Lexus.

I was considering buying another Land Rover, but I have now decided never to buy another one. And I will have all work done on my daughter's car at North Texas Rover. In fact, i a considering selling the LR3 altogether. I do not wish to support a manufacturer who would allow its dealers to act this way.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new rover. I bought a 06 Lr3 Se. Originally i was consider buying a Cadillac or Denali. but after a CRAZY snow storm i am happy i bought a Land Rover
Congrats again

Old 01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought mine in California where I am used to taking it in to any dealer and get a loaner with no issues. I am traveling for school in the Maryland area for a fw months ( yes I drove the LR3 across the country, 3k miles and what a treat it was!!!!) so when I called the local dealer to schedulle a service I assumed the loaner policy would be the same. Boy was I surprised when I got to the dealer (closest dealer to me here was an hour away with traffic) only to hear that they would not provide a loaner because I had not purchased there. It seems that providing loaners or not is a desicion left to the dealers to make and change widely from dealer to dealer. The concern here locally seemed to be that the other local dealers don't provide loaners and this dealer actually did so they did not want to provide a loaner for a vehicle purchased from one of their local competitors. After explaining that I was not from around, actually literally clear across the continent, they agreed to give me a loaner.

I owned Lexus and Acura before trading them for my 2 Land Rovers. After owning and driving my Landies, I could not go back to anything else.