LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next Chapter in my Rover Adventures In Houston

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Mudding
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Rufflyer:
So I only have the one battery as of right now. It was replaced last year about this time with one from Advance auto because I noticed a slower than normal start and after inspection I noticed the old battery was bulging at the positive terminal. So I replaced it. After getting my GAP tool I noticed (only after reading posts from here) that I was getting constantly 13.9 volts while running which was i though was low. To add to this I have noticed a draw when I'm running lights or a dimming when accessories are on. So I started to think maybe the alternator is dying. Oh to go back to the battery I was also having low power mode on start up on the radio if running the windshield heater, rear defrost and heated seats. Then battery was replaced and no issues aside for the 13.9 volts while running and the slight draw of power like lights dimming an bit. If that is much of an issue?
So fast forward to this post, I came across the P0513-00(28) code last week when I ran faults. I have a couple others but nothing related as this is new. I have no issue with that though. The car unlocks, starts and re-locks fine. I do not understand what would be causing it. I just ran across this post while researching. So though I would pick your brains!