LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safe Battery Charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
I think part of the issue is that with the key on the air suspension will be active, and the compressor might kick on. They talk about hooking up a battery charger while doing alignments too.
The compressor will not tick on unless the engine is running.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by unseenone

The compressor will not tick on unless the engine is running.
So it has to aligned with the engine running?

Old 07-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
So it has to aligned with the engine running?
The compressor has no need to run during an alignment, as the height should not be adjusting, and will change every reading and adjustment already made if it does.

It should not run without the engine running.

The power supply for programming is so keep battery voltage up to a safe level for module communication. Voltage will drop when everything is on and working when the key is turned on. I do not recommend trying to do anything, even just clearing faults, with the engine running.

IDS is a great tool, but can be a real pain to learn how to use correctly, if you have questions once you get into it, ask before playing around, as there is stuff that you can create issues by doing. Also note, you will not have the most up to date software, so some updates will still need to be done by someone that does, the big one that comes to mind is the software for the new AMK compressor.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Yep. I didn't fully read the tsb. It says you can disconnect everything after placing the system in tight tolerances mode. So the power supply is just for the programming.

http://www.disco3.it/gallery/albums/...tting_Mode.pdf

Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mongoose set up

Originally Posted by unseenone
I'd be curious how you did it. I've had one for a year, and never got it to work. The software was bunk, and you can't download a new version. Perhaps I could get some tips/software... PM me..

I use the CTEK in supply, and it's important to use a charger because things may go wrong badly if the voltage drops. A lot of stuff needs to be done with the ignition switch on, and that draws a lot.
What issues are you having? You need to be running a clean install of XP on a Core 2 processor with 2 gigs RAM. Clean as in fresh, new, not partitioned, no other programs other than explorer and adobe reader. The driver install was tricky for some reason. I installed v131 SDD and Calibration Files which was the last SDD that doesn't require an internet connection.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I guess I need the software, and a talk through the trick of getting it to not try to login the the Land Rover site.

I got your PM, hopefully we can work it out and I can get it working.