LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats and sunroof non-op

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts
Default Seats and sunroof non-op

Car was flooded from sunroof drain and warped cowl.

I've got both seats out and have pulled apart driver and passenger side harness bundles looking for "the splice", but no luck so far.

Anybody else have some ideas?

Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you ever figure this out? My 2005 had water issues as well. Driver side sunroof drain being the main culprit. I too am having an issue with my sunroof not working (seat memory works though and displays on dash when I set a position).

From my research the Rain Sensor, Seat Memory Module and Sunroof Module all work off the LIN BUS. Seeing your seat module and sunroof aren't working, I wonder if your issue and mine are similar. I verified I am getting power to my sunroof module and verified the motor is good, so I'm hoping there is corrosion or something on the LIN BUS connections. I believe pin 7 (grey) and pin 8 (red) at the Seat Memory Module connector under the drivers seat are the LIN BUS wires. I still need to trace mine and check for corrosion.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

Re: the sunroof

Try resetting the switch. Hold down the 'close' button for 30 seconds. If operable at all the sunroof will got through a reset procedure, will open and fully close the sunroof and then switch should be normal.

Hope you work the seats out.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by Rackolamb1
Did you ever figure this out? My 2005 had water issues as well. Driver side sunroof drain being the main culprit. I too am having an issue with my sunroof not working (seat memory works though and displays on dash when I set a position).

From my research the Rain Sensor, Seat Memory Module and Sunroof Module all work off the LIN BUS. Seeing your seat module and sunroof aren't working, I wonder if your issue and mine are similar. I verified I am getting power to my sunroof module and verified the motor is good, so I'm hoping there is corrosion or something on the LIN BUS connections. I believe pin 7 (grey) and pin 8 (red) at the Seat Memory Module connector under the drivers seat are the LIN BUS wires. I still need to trace mine and check for corrosion.
Check fuse #1, 10 amp red job. Besides the ones listed for the seats.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:03 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am having a similar issue. Any news on repairing this problem? At first I noticed my sunroof wasn't working. Then I discovered the driver seat only moves in increments. I also have seen my power mirrors, steering wheel adjustment and rain sensor is not working. One day I noticed the driver seat moved in one continuous motion and thought to check the sunroof and it worked as well. I have discovered that when one works they all do so all these items must be connected somehow to whatever is causing the issue.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:48 AM
Baja

Passenger footwell has a red wire 2 to 1 splice. That splice effects the sunroof and seats.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:29 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I dont think that is my issue. The drivers seat always has power it just moves in increments and sunroof , mirrors, steering wheel and rain sensors do not operate. However, i have discovered by clicking the lumbar support switch back and forth rapidly I can usually get everything to work temporarily. I know that sounds weird but one day i went to adjust the lumbar support and saw the seat and steering wheel move up and back when I shut the vehichle off so I thought that's strange maybe the sunroof works and sure enough it did.Does this new info provide any clues to what could be the issue or do you think it still may be that splice.