LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Problem

I just bought an LR3 that is recently out of warranty and the steering wheel has some blemishes in the leather.

After reading up i find out this is a common defect that was normally fixed under warranty. I have a call into LRNA about whether or not they can do anything and have yet to hear back. Assuming LRNA will not replace/fix the steering wheel, does anyone else have any reasonable suggestions to repair? Other than getting a few steering wheel of course....

thanks

Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Steering Wheel Problem

Other than a new wheel You could put one of those fancy covers on it. I dont like them but it might be better than the fealing of a warn steering wheel I was going to bo it but mine was repaced under warr.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAND-...ayphotohosting

Be careful of that airbag

Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM
4th Gear

My Lr3 is a 05 and the steering wheel is melting. Definitely more in the summer. The dealership was aware that the wheel had this problem, but said its not a warranty item. Gave me a price of $285 (or close to that $) for a new wheel, which didn't seem too bad. Will probably replace in a year or so.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:23 PM
4wd Low

I have read and been told that this is a common warranty problem. If the dealer wont help me out i may buy a new steering wheel like the one on ebay.

What is involved with the swapping of the airbag and steering wheel controls etc?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Mudding

I have had this issue for over a year. The best so far is to treat with Maguire's Leather Conditioner, which I pick up in a tube with disposable wipes. It somehow "heals" the leather over several uses, and it also cleans the leather pretty well. I use it about every three months, and what a difference. I could push it through the extended warranty, but it isn't worth $100 to me to do it, with 80miles on the truck.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:23 PM
4wd Low

ORIGINAL: jimbiram

I have had this issue for over a year. The best so far is to treat with Maguire's Leather Conditioner, which I pick up in a tube with disposable wipes. It somehow "heals" the leather over several uses, and it also cleans the leather pretty well. I use it about every three months, and what a difference. I could push it through the extended warranty, but it isn't worth $100 to me to do it, with 80miles on the truck.
$100 sounds cheap to me compared to the cost of a new steering wheel...i guess maybe not if you are going to be selling the truck.

LRNA has said that they might to be willing to replace the steering wheel at no cost so we will see what happens next week.

Fingers are crossed. Otherwise i will buy a new steering wheel...