LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Fault-NHO

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011 | 02:54 PM
|
8th Gear
Exclamation Suspension Fault-NHO

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I am glad I have found a great place for information on my LR3. I hate that I start out new to a forum with a problem, but I wanted to get some insight before I start looking into a repair.
I have a 2006 LR3 with 55k miles that has been a fantastic car (knocking on wood). Here lately I have been getting a "Suspension Fault-Normal Height Only" message that has become quite annoying. It has happened a few times in the past, but gone away after cutting the truck off. Now it seems to happen every single time I drive it.
I have spoken to a few people and have gained a good amount of knowledge on possible issues but wanted some more advice. From what I have been told this issue can stem to needing to replace the compressor to a leaky air bag. My compressor seems to work fine, no loud noises and only runs for about 90 seconds when I first start up. The fault message come on at random times although I have now noticed a few times that it comes on after I hit a bump in the road...other times may be just sitting at a stoplight, or driving.
I want to get this problem corrected and I know it may be expensive, and I dont mind this as long as its done right the first time! I know if I take it to a dealer they will want to replace the most expensive part and move their way down the line. I found a few LR repair shops in town (Charlotte, NC area) and they seem to be happy to fix this but I want some more info so I can go in their shops better prepared...
Any help or advice is very appreciated.

Matt