LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension fault and tire presure sign after flat tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to a dealer and diagonised the fault and the fault was exhaust valve. Any idea on that. He suggest my compressor is still ​☺k that he can work on the dryer.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by bbyer
You can try a hard reset as below as that will sometimes erase trouble codes and allow things to work as they should. In this case however, I do not think it will work as if does seem as if you have compressor or air suspension control problems. Was the tyre that you removed on the drivers side rear? (left side, rear)

If so, as mentioned in the previous posts, it may be that you jacked not on the frame but effectively on the aluminum air compressor bracket hidden under the black plastic air compressor case and the bracket broke. Usually the compressor will still work, but lots of rattling noise comes from within the black plastic cover that is back there. See link at the bottom of this post.

Hard Reset Instructions

In brief, to start the hard reset process, open the hood but close all doors and let your 3 go to sleep - no radio display etc and no key in the ignition. This will take a couple of minutes and do not open any doors until the reset is completed. (I find that it is often a good idea to have the drivers door window rolled down and the key in my pocket whenever fooling about the vehicle.)

Disconnect the ground battery terminal from the main starting battery.
Disconnect the positive battery terminal from the main starting battery.

(I assume that you only have one battery in your 3. If not, disconnect the others as well and leave them disconnected until after all is done.)

Connect the negative cable to the positive cable. (NOT the battery.) You will need a short length, (a foot or so), of light gauge, (14 to 18 gauge AWG, insulated stranded copper), wire to span between the battery cable ends as there is not enough slack in the positive and negative battery cables for the ends to touch each other.

Hold all together for about a minute or more, as you are discharging memory modules within the engine computer and elsewhere. Then it is suggested you just let all sit disconnected for say ten minutes prior to commencing to put the battery cable ends back on the battery posts per the following.

Reattach positive terminal to the main starting battery positive post.
Reattach negative terminal to the main starting battery negative post.

Start engine and hopefully no or fewer warning lights.
Reset time on the radio - note that the station presets are still there as not everything is erased. Nothing much else needs resetting either.

You can now connect up the other batteries if you have a multiple battery setup.

This is a link to a thread in disco3 re the hard reset procedure.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic19547.html

This is a link to a thread on Disco3Club re the hard reset procedure.

http://www.disco3club.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=3374

One of the files within the album below shows an air compressor bracket. If the bracket is broken and the air compressor not working, then you will have to find someone who knows how to work on the air system.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - Broken Air Compressor RQG500060
Good day bbyer. Pls i want you to tell me if there is any alternative to this challenge, i finally opened the black prastic air compressor case and it happened that there is this wire that cuts, and also the compressor aluminion guide seems to be broken. after joining the wire, the suspension started working perfectly but makıng some noise but the noise usually stop at about 5mins. But honestly i A̶̲̥̅♏ not comfortable with the noise though the whole thing appears to be okey. Pls is there something i need to do to stop the noise or must i buy a new compressor. Your urgent response will be highly appreciated. Thnx

Old 10-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Only a compressor mounting bracket needed now.

You are to be complemented - you have found the problem and have almost solved it as well. You will need a new compressor mounting bracket. The compressor will be OK, but the bracket breaks and hence must be replaced. The sound you hear is the compressor rattling about because of the broken bracket.

The bracket part number is RQU500064. You may also need the three bolts that the bolt the bracket to the frame and most certainly the metal spring clips that the bolts screw into per the jpg below that shows the frame before the compressor and bracket are mounted. Click on the jpg to make it bigger.

Attached Thumbnails suspension fault and tire presure sign after flat tire-lr3-air-compressor-mounting-location-without-compressor-003%7E45.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

is the compressor damaged in any way. is any part bent. if it is then its bad. it will break the seal and thats all she wrote.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Overlanding

He
Originally Posted by Rovin4life
is the compressor damaged in any way. is any part bent. if it is then its bad. it will break the seal and thats all she wrote.
the compressor is not damaged since the whole thing seems to be working perfectly, except the broken brracket which i think is the reason why it makes that unusual noise for some seconds as the comprssor run when i starts my 3.bbyer have told me to change the broken bracket and all will be fine.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
2nd Gear

Hi All,
I am new here but have been using the LR 3 for over a year now. Last Friday the 3 showed low tire pressure sign so I took it to a tire clinic to have the tire checked and discovered that it had taken in a nail. This was carefully removed and resealed. so on a second thought, I decided to top up the pressure on the rest tires as well. However, on starting the 3 on monday morning ready to go to the office, I noticed suspension fault constantly flashing on the dash and drive experience looks as if one is driving a vehicle with dismantled suspension. So I took it to a Total gas station instead where the technician there checked and found out that the tire pressure in the tires are not same hence the problem. This he corrected on all the tires and viola trouble gone!

Hope this helps!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Overlanding

QUOTE=GOK_9800;355367]Hi All,
I am new here but have been using the LR 3 for over a year now. Last Friday the 3 showed low tire pressure sign so I took it to a tire clinic to have the tire checked and discovered that it had taken in a nail. This was carefully removed and resealed. so on a second thought, I decided to top up the pressure on the rest tires as well. However, on starting the 3 on monday morning ready to go to the office, I noticed suspension fault constantly flashing on the dash and drive experience looks as if one is driving a vehicle with dismantled suspension. So I took it to a Total gas station instead where the technician there checked and found out that the tire pressure in the tires are not same hence the problem. This he corrected on all the tires and viola trouble gone!
That's a nice nice one and gr8 experience. ​​​⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̌ ̭·̵̭̌«̶ tha