LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Mudding
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Absolutely!!

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Can you post a picture of the calibration values?

Old 04-06-2017, 06:09 AM
Mudding

Drove it to work this morning to see if anything changes with driving

got the X-artic error now

Old 04-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

So, a few things:

1. You should really change those values to mm because inches aren't fine enough detail to be able to tell anything.

2. I can't tell you what the stock calibration (for stock rods) should be for your car, but the value for each wheel must be between 150 (mm) and 250 (mm).

3. Current height with stock rods should be around 460-490mm for each wheel. The manual describes the exact values, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Rear wheels are more towards 480mm I think and fronts are closer to 460mm. So... that's somewhere around 19" I think. I don't know why your current height is showing what it does.

4. If you manage to calibrate it correctly - again, switch to mm and show us your calibration values and what your current height is for each wheel, and you still have one wheel that looks like that on your 4x4 screen, then you may very well have a bad height sensor.

5. I wouldn't worry about the X-articulation fault - that's just due to a bad calibration, which I think we know from looking at your values.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

BTW, you can tell something is screwed up with the stock calibration just by looking at your current height - with one wheel at 9" (I'm assuming this is height from the calibration values?? - if so, they should all be close to zero), something is very off with that sensor or calibration value.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Mudding

That calibration level has been there since installing the new sensor. I can't seem to change that value at all. No matter what I do, system still thinks the same thing.

Still working with the guys at GAP on getting this resolved. I just need to get that one sensor (brand new) calibrated so I can get close enough to fine tune the rest

Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Mudding

I also get an error (E52) from the GAP tool when completing the guided calibration.

Which leads me to believe that none of my calibrations are taking effect

Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

The calibration won't complete because one or more values is out of range. You MUST fix the sensor issue before you can do a calibration.

The problem didn't exist until you replaced the sensor. Go back and check your work. Make sure you got the right part number (match it up with the old one), make sure it isn't installed upside down or backwards and make sure none of the pins got bent when installing the connector.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Mudding

I've check all that. For sure got the right part number. There's only one way to install this sensor that I know of. It has a slotted bracket that it fits into. The connecting harness has to be at the top and the sensor arm coming out of the bracket. That't only way to do it.

I know I'm getting correct voltage and the sensor is working.

I'll jack it up and take the wheel off to inspect further tonight. It is possible that maybe I need to flip the orientation of the screwed on bracket at the face of the sensor itself. I might have the sensor body contorted at the brackets current orientation (to screw the two small screws in), and it could be rotating the body of the sensor more than it should be.

Even then, I highly doubt the part came from LR with the bracket put on the sensor incorrectly.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Post a picture of what you have and I'll compare to one here. I wouldn't rule it out being installed backwards from the factory, nothing surprises me any more.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Mudding

I will.

I'm going to take the unit off tonight hopefully. I also just checked the voltage at each sensor. I had roughly 2V at the other sensors and 4+V at the suspect sensor.

The one I have was ordered from amazon (Bapmic manufacture). That's now a concern for me. I just got off the phone with L8 to have them ship me out a new one today.

I'll try that one for sure and see where it gets me. I have a feeling that this sensor swap will make my life much much easier.

Quick Reply: Suspension Issue