LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temperature finally above freezing and now getting regular Suspension Faults

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Temperature finally above freezing and now getting regular Suspension Faults

I bought my 2005 LR3 used in November before it got very cold here in Wisconsin. Once it started getting below freezing, I'd get the occasional suspension fault that would go away as soon as I restarted the truck. Eventually, the temperatures dropped below freezing and stayed there -- I didn't get a single suspension fault for weeks (including a 1000 mile trip to Canada and back).

However, things changed today when the temps rose above freezing -- now I am getting a suspension fault every time I take the truck out. I restart it and the fault goes away but within a few seconds, it comes right back.

I called my Land Rover dealer when I noticed this in the fall and he said that moisture can get inside the suspension bags and when it starts to freeze, it can set off the sensor and cause a fault. Can the same thing happen when the temperatures get above freezing after a few weeks of constant below freezing temperatures?

I'd take it to my dealer but I'm not at all impressed with their service department thus far.

Thanks,
- Justin

Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday the temps dropped back into the 20s (for the high) and now my suspension faults are gone again.