LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Warning Light Flickering & Intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Mudding
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonies
Sorry to bump an old thread, but is there any way to just disable the tire pressure light? I know when my tires are filled up or not... I don't need this dumb warning light on and was wondering if there is a way to disable it perhaps via removing a fuse or something?
My warning light was annoying me so I pulled the fuse #43. Turns out that same fuse is for the keyless entry/alarm. The buttons on the key fob will not not work without that fuse so, the blinky yellow light stays.

**EDIT there is also the #33 fuse which is for both the power mirrors and the TPMS perhaps pulling that and sacrificing the mirror adjustment could solve the blinky yellow light. I am just getting used to mine alerting me that nothing is wrong and stopped checking pressures all the time...

Old 01-26-2016, 10:18 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ndinsmore
07' LR3 SE 4.4 v8

Yesterday my tire pressure light showed up when I was pulling into the inlaws. The RR tire was down to 35psi so I filled it up. I then turned on the car drove it and the light was still on. So I checked all the tire and got 32 in the front and 42 in the rear. I then preceded to drive 80 miles home, with the warning light flickering on and off randomly and staying on for a while then staying off for a while, but not acting like a warning light should(ie. either on or off). When I went out later the light stayed off, but today when my wife drove she said it is back on.

Any thoughts?
I have the same issue. After 7 trips to the dealer and indy shop they think it's the TPMS module. It's $550 plus labour so I just want to have the TPMS system disabled. Does anyone know of a place in Alberta that can reconfigure the system? I know a place in Vancouver that can do it, but nothing locally.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

If you have a way to read/modify the CCF info you can simply disable the TPMS. I did this on mine since I don't run stock tires or pressures anyway. I highly recommend the GAP Diagnostics IId tool - it's more expensive than the typical generic 'code reader' but FAR more capable. Money well spent for any LR3 owner.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Go to a local tire store and let them change TPMS sensor or put in new battery. You don't need the dealer as system resets self. Just have to buy sensor for your vehicle, available on Ebay too!