LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Code 3-4 Shift Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2023 | 07:02 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by loanrangie
Correct, so you get the same separator plate and the gen1 zip kit .
where to get plate?

Old 06-16-2023 | 07:15 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by MyChocolates
where to get plate?
Any place that sells ZF or sonnax parts will have one, Cobra Transmission and California Transmission came up when i was searching.

Old 06-17-2023 | 09:07 AM
Camel Trophy

This thread is making me want to get the kit..... (adds to project list)

Old 06-17-2023 | 11:56 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
This thread is making me want to get the kit..... (adds to project list)
Honestly, with how much i have spent, i think a reman valve body would have probably been better? You can find some for around $600

But i guess i am using OEM ZF parts, and sonnax seems to be a quality well known brand it could get a bit expensive.

Also car has 225k miles, so in the future i might have to rebuild the clutch assembly, change out pump and torque converter so i wanted to have valve body at 100%

Old 06-17-2023 | 08:38 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by MyChocolates
Honestly, with how much i have spent, i think a reman valve body would have probably been better? You can find some for around $600

But i guess i am using OEM ZF parts, and sonnax seems to be a quality well known brand it could get a bit expensive.

Also car has 225k miles, so in the future i might have to rebuild the clutch assembly, change out pump and torque converter so i wanted to have valve body at 100%
It cost me the best part of AUD $950 inc fluid which is cheap compared to a rebuilt trans, i didn't have any other issues so i'm hoping i get another 75k klms at least out of it.

Old 06-17-2023 | 09:49 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by loanrangie
It cost me the best part of AUD $950 inc fluid which is cheap compared to a rebuilt trans, i didn't have any other issues so i'm hoping i get another 75k klms at least out of it.
I do hope I get good results out of this. This is the last issue to have her running for the first time.

Old 06-23-2023 | 08:01 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Time for update! Parts got in today. Got home from work at 6pm, and 3 hours later valve body has been assembled. I took my sweet time. Gently installing the parts and I hope I did it correctly. Only thing is I don’t have a torque wrench that does 90 inch pounds soo grabbed a 4inch small ratchet and I just tightened it down to what I could. I hope that is more than enough. Also for some reason like my valve body only had 8 check valve ***** instead of 9. It was the original valve body and has never been opened it seem. I highly doubt I dropped one.

Updated one on the right.

This was all the parts that I changed.

This are the shift dampers I think. The only good one was 6th gear. All the other ones were destroyed.

About 4 sports in the plate were like this. You could see the material outside before I took it off. Suspected leak.

Here you can see the coloration of old vs new solenoids.

Here is just a bottom shot of the assembled unit.

The following users liked this post:
P-Bod (06-24-2023)
Old 06-23-2023 | 08:14 PM
Camel Trophy

You may be aware, but when installing pay very, very close attention to everything, mainly that tan chuck of plastic. You need to be certain it is aligned right or you have to drop the trans pan. It is something that is frequently messed up.

Old 06-23-2023 | 08:19 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Yeah I disassembled the tan thing. Cleaned out the magnet as it was full of stuff. And put it back same way. I took a picture before I removed it and when I put the valve body back in tomorrow I will check again

Old 06-23-2023 | 09:21 PM
Pro Wrench

Amount of check ***** varies between different versions so as long as what came out goes back in you'll be right.

Quick Reply: Transmission Code 3-4 Shift Solenoid