LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning Chime

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Chime

No lights, no errors coming up on scan- just a constant chime every 45 secs or so. I am getting lights for errors when creating them, for instance putting in off-road mode and going over 30 it will chime and light then as well.

I'm wondering if there is a specific wire that leads from the harness under the driver side that groes to the warning speaker behind the instrument panel? I'm not looking to take the whole cluster apart. I've tried to download the wiring diagram but I'm not finding the correct file.

Anyone with a clue on which wire it is?

Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default no single wire - is a program

Below are a couple of links re the speaker from which all sounds emanate.

In your case, the speaker is not silent so the links will not be of much help.

You will see however that there is no specific "wire" that feeds the speaker - it is soldered to the printed circuit board behind the instrument cluster and takes it signals from the pcb and the car computer.

Sometimes the signals are for the turn indicators, other times, the seat belts and most often, the air system alarms.

You may have an air system problem, and if so, I suspect you will need some sort of code reader like a Faultmate or GAP to determine what problem is being communicated.

Often, an error message will appear on the message display or a warning light will display but in your case, there are no visual hints.

The problem could also be a faulty door ajar switch as well. Open and close the bonnet and see if that does anything. Also be suspicious of the rear hatch - it may be that vehicle movement is setting a door ajar alarm off but not for long enough to show on the display - hence a code reader may be your only hope.

I expect the fix for the fault is not an expensive one however finding what is defective can at times seem near impossible.

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - Instrument Cluster Speaker

DISCO3.CO.UK - View topic - No clicking!