LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leak - Driver Side

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 06:57 PM
AJ1
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Water Leak - Driver Side

Hi All. I have an '08 LR3 HSE. I have read through many posts on water leaks due to rain. Here is my situation:

After two recent heavy rains I have had A LOT of rain on the floor of the driver's side. Enough that is poured out when I opened the door. Here is what I have investigated and it is still leaking:

-I have checked the sunroof drains. They are draining properly and quickly, outside of the car.
-I have checked the sunroof drain tube that goes through the firewall on the driver's side. No leaking, and no rot.
-I have felt the cabin air filter on the PASSENGER side. It is dry.
-The cowl is slightly warped, about center of the windshield. I have not removed it and looked under it.
-The water is pooling UNDER the rubber floor mat. The water is not dripping onto the mat.
-It feels like the water is emerging along the edge (outward) floor on the driver's side. About where your left foot would be on a USA car. At least that is where it is pooling.

Any ideas on what is causing this significant leak? From what I have read the pillars would not be allowing so much water into the car. Thanks.

AJ

Old 03-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default air conditioner drain hose pipes

There are about three files within the link below that may be the solution to the problem. Usually however the primary wet location is under the carpet closest the transmission tunnel on one or both sides.

If that is the problem, the fix is easy - just reconnect the hose(s) that have slipped off over time.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - Heater Air Conditioner System