LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak...OMG...will this ever end?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:38 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ljdiscovery
Philip I would start by checking the front right sunroof drain where in takes a 90’ turn out of the cabin. It is behind the central junction box. It is a pain to get to but it is doable. My 90 had come detached from the drain tube. Water flowed straight into the cabin into onto and underneath the carpets. I pulled mine up and stuck an empty gallon water carton under the carpet to give a chance to dry out. It took a few dry days, but all is good now. Some have suggested a hair dryer, I wouldn’t do that. You are likely to set the truck a flame. If you can pull into a garage and leave the door open it helps with ventilation. Phil

Thanks Phil - however, I had the carpets up waiting for the water to gush out the cracked 90 degree nipple...but there was nothing.

On the bright side I soldered and shrink wrapped my green/white wires. I now have a working remote!

Old 02-18-2019, 09:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Check your AC drain lines as well (they are in the cabin below the radio stack. Best bet is to pull the hose out of the hole and push a few feet of trimmer line through the hole to clear any blockage.

Also, its only a few bucks and about 10 min to get a set of A-pillar clips with the pads and replace all of them on both pillars.

You can also do the drain fix on the pillar as well. At the bottom is a long plasic rod that goes into a hole on the a frame itself. The fix from LR is to cut off the plastic rod and use supplied tape to cover the hole on the A frame.

Most replacement pack of a-pillar clips will have the tape to do that fix as well.