LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet LR3

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet LR3

I have a 05 LR3 4.4 During recent rains due a sunroof drain block the interior of my vehicle got really soaked, My problem is
Alarm Central locking from remote no longer functioning
Radio Displays "Phone mode"
Air Bag light on - Sometimes "passenger airbag off" illuminates
PLEASE HELP- Considering Fitting a Viper Alarm System for Alarm Issue

Old 09-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had that same passenger airbag issue and it turned out that the passenger side seatbelt had gone bad. There is a sensor inside the female side that detects when the seatbelt is inserted. As far as the other stuff, there is a wiring harness that runs along the passenger side near the edge of the carpet and it is probably soaked due to the foam under the carpet. You have to pry up the plastic sill protector to pull up the carpet. Careful, though, as the clips that hold it on may fall into the frame, so you might want to pick up some clips from dealer first. Run fans for a day or so to get thoroughly dried out.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The passenger airbag off means the occupant safety system is screwed up within the airbag system. its possible the seat occupancy sensor is bad. and not thats not cheap. But the remote system is from a bad splice on the passenger side about three inches in front of the passenger seat, pull the sill trim up and you will find a green and white splice with three wires. resolder the wires back together and add some heat shrink to prevent future problems and then pull out the air intake grill on the passenger side and pull out the hose and the foam and then cut a hole in the star port of the sunroof drain and blow it out, open the sunroof and pour some water down it to make sure it drains properly. Take off the bottom of driver side instrument cover and find the sunroof drain tube and pull it out and cut off the star part and clean out the dirt and put it back into place and make sure it drains properly. then buy yourself the clip kit DHB500400 from the dealer and remove the a pillar panels outside and use the clip kit to cover the two holes, one one the bottom and one on the top and reinstall, make sure the holes are covered and remove the spikes in the panels.