LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,278 Likes on 1,679 Posts

Well I gave it another go on Friday evening. Dropped the headliner again loosened the bolts to try and change it's position. Nothing would make it move. Tried to relearn & the sunroof would fault before it would tilt (not positioned properly in the roof opening. I lowered the left side & got it to tilt. Unit looked closed & I was gonna just leave it unplugged. However tighten the bolts up & it's totally sitting un-even. Not sure if the used unit I paid 338.00 is warped (frame is after all 100% plastic) or if my roof has decided to warp, but when I get it sealed up I will be selling it. My wife would rather drive an 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 4x4 like she had before we got married. The 3rd row was the main point in the LR3 & she hasn't even used them.

I'll be installing the G4 roof rack & it will be sold with 2 sets of tires MT & street Tires. Thinking of 7500.00 as besides the sunroof BS it's clean inside & out, all HSE options minus the center cooler. It has the HD Package, great brakes, no fault codes or lights and two new front struts. Only flaws = sunroof & cracked windshield. The dash isn't cracked as bad as most with just the normal small ones by the passenger air bag.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,522 Likes on 1,248 Posts

Got it back from Firestone and after 1.5 days the alignment may actually have been worse. Unless you like automatic lane changes to the right.

So I got my awning sorted out at least. It’s mounted on a locking shelf hinge. So when it’s not in use it is on top of the roof rack and when I need it flipped out over the side.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:26 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivetrain Fluids

Built some ramps and changed my differential and tcase fluids.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:48 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 744 Likes on 624 Posts

I have to say, when I did my fluids I did not ramp/jack things. Just off-road then put a block under one frame rail. Lowered it which tripped extended because of the hang-up. Went inside and held the brake pedal and suspension up switch for three seconds to get even more height. Plenty of room! Its one of the things I love about this vehicle, any underside work is easy compared to the Benz and 7 series I had.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Washed, waxed, interior cleaned/detailed, spare on the roof and basic load out complete. Almost ready for Red Clay Rally.

Back at Firestone tomorrow so they can get the alignment corrected. It swerves right and you steer left to go straight, didn’t do that before so they should be able to sort out what they missed.

Than skid plate mounted up and fuel can mount finalized.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Done at Firestone, it's better but not quite right so I'll deal with it for now.

Time to get changed and get the skid plate mounted and sort out the fuel can mount.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 744 Likes on 624 Posts

You have me concerned about Firestone now. I usually do my own alignments but that is only getting things close, not spot on. So I was going to do the lifetime thing with them. They dont officially do the LR3, I have to call to see if they will. But the Firestone shop is 30 minutes away and I probably wont have time to bring it back and forth if there is an issue.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

The 3 previous times they were spot on. So I am hoping the Holiday crew is not the A Team.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Finished up some backyard Fab on the fuel can mount, extending it to meet the mount holes on the Pro-Speed rack.

Than got it mounted up.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,278 Likes on 1,679 Posts

3rd time really is a charm I guess! I REALLY need the wife to drive the LR3 vs my D1/D2's lol. She's been driving the 04 and she's already not listening and just leaving it running AC on full blast at idle for 20min at her moms house!!!! When it comes to the cooling system on a D1/D2 I am very careful and I constantly monitor the temps. It's obvious the wife thinks it's fine to sit idling all day.

When I left for the lake on Friday evening I left the LR3 in pieces. I got back late Sunday from the lake and was worn out. This afternoon when I finally got moving around I wanted to tinker one final time (can't sell it with a hole in the roof). I removed it entirely again, and laid it on the bar inside. The 338.00 used one was not fully closed when it was shipped. When I went to see why the glass wasn't sitting flat I found my answer soon enough. The drivers side rail was cracked and the entire arm that attaches to the glass was no longer in it's track (explains why it constantly faulted and popped). The seller barely believed me on the missing motor piece so sadly there is no way they'll believe me when I tell them it was broken. Thankfully I hadn't thrown my old frame away! I removed the 6 bolts that hold the glass into place, removed the motor, the special plate (that was missing from the new unit), and I kept my original Sunroof ECU. I then removed the broken glass frame from my old unit and install everything onto my frame. I once again installed it, and I left the 6 bolts that secure the glass loose so it would settle where it wanted to front/back. I then started to put the headliner back as I was going to leave the darn thing disconnected then I said F it and plugged it in. The sunroof went fully back without a snap crackle or pop & then closed properly!!!!!!!!!!! I tried it several times and was satisfied. I then re-installed everything and the wife has her vehicle back until we find her a new vehicle.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?