LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Not going to lie that is pretty cool, how is that even possible

Old 06-19-2020, 07:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Not going to lie that is pretty cool, how is that even possible
Right? I couldn't believe it! Was really hard to pull out too.
Keeping the screwdriver as a souvenir for sure.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:19 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was your LR for towing the trailer.
I have a 26' trailer, and would like to tow it with my LR3, but I have heard they have a tendency to sway a lot when towing at highway speeds. Don't want the tail wagging the dog if you know what I mean.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:37 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Island Time
How was your LR for towing the trailer.
I have a 26' trailer, and would like to tow it with my LR3, but I have heard they have a tendency to sway a lot when towing at highway speeds. Don't want the tail wagging the dog if you know what I mean.
plenty of power just be prepared for your MPG’s to go bye bye. I find myself at the gas station more. I easily lose 75-80 miles per tank.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

"undetailed" it last weekend in the forest; so had to do some work.
  • Power-washed
  • Sliders sanded and re-sprayed
  • Paint washed and clayed
  • Four coats of (non-abrasive) polish applied
  • Gloss enhancer before and after each coat of polish
  • Tires dressed but not with "Bro Gloss" levels
In Access Height so that I could better reach the middle of the hood for polish application and buffing.

The following 2 users liked this post by houm_wa:
DakotaTravler (07-01-2020), morrisdl (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,249 Likes on 1,667 Posts

I got a phone call from my wife yesterday with that typical female pissed attitude (*Well the AC just died in the LR3...... however it still works in the back...*) I quickly replied you mean it's no longer blowing air out of the vents up front? I get yes that's what I just said.... lol. She got home super late at nearly 10PM so I didn't have a chance to look at it. First thing in the morning I go out, find the 40AMP fuse popped for the blower. I remove it, and I promise what looked like a business card that caught on fire fell out of the underside of the fan blade. I removed the fan blade, and removed the motor from the housing. I cleaned it with air, and got all the 15 years of gross COVID19 type residue out lol. Then I checked the brushes and they looked nearly new. I then lubed the top and lower bearings with some $$$ lube that doesn't leave any sticky residue. I then slapped it onto a 12v 7AH battery and it spun right up. I then put it all back together, drove into town, and replaced the blown 40AMP fuse. The HVAC is working perfectly now, and once I got home I handed the keys to the Mrs who quickly said so when are we gonna get rid of that thing?????

Funny thing is I had told her about plenty of Automakers with 0.0% financing right now like a week earlier and it was OH NO we can't afford that right now.... I said well with the gas savings, and less break downs, and a warranty you'd be all set. The final answer was NO, but now I'm asked after fixing it quickly for her "When are we gonna get rid of that thing?"..... I give up! I did my wife a huge favor by dropping what I was doing to take a look at it for her, I fix it, and I never even got a thank you.... IMHO she can keep that LR3 until a wheel falls off! I tried and I gave up.

Gotta love women! Can't live with em & ya can't live without out em.....

The following users liked this post:
Johnny-Bones (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I got a phone call from my wife yesterday with that typical female pissed attitude (*Well the AC just died in the LR3...... however it still works in the back...*) I quickly replied you mean it's no longer blowing air out of the vents up front? I get yes that's what I just said.... lol. She got home super late at nearly 10PM so I didn't have a chance to look at it. First thing in the morning I go out, find the 40AMP fuse popped for the blower. I remove it, and I promise what looked like a business card that caught on fire fell out of the underside of the fan blade. I removed the fan blade, and removed the motor from the housing. I cleaned it with air, and got all the 15 years of gross COVID19 type residue out lol. Then I checked the brushes and they looked nearly new. I then lubed the top and lower bearings with some $$$ lube that doesn't leave any sticky residue. I then slapped it onto a 12v 7AH battery and it spun right up. I then put it all back together, drove into town, and replaced the blown 40AMP fuse. The HVAC is working perfectly now, and once I got home I handed the keys to the Mrs who quickly said so when are we gonna get rid of that thing?????

Funny thing is I had told her about plenty of Automakers with 0.0% financing right now like a week earlier and it was OH NO we can't afford that right now.... I said well with the gas savings, and less break downs, and a warranty you'd be all set. The final answer was NO, but now I'm asked after fixing it quickly for her "When are we gonna get rid of that thing?"..... I give up! I did my wife a huge favor by dropping what I was doing to take a look at it for her, I fix it, and I never even got a thank you.... IMHO she can keep that LR3 until a wheel falls off! I tried and I gave up.

Gotta love women! Can't live with em & ya can't live without out em.....
lol.. you have more problems out of this than I’ve ever heard of. Hope all is well with you.

Old 07-02-2020, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

I'm doing good. I dunno if it's the LR or the person driving that thing to be honest lol.

It was a super easy fix (vs the exploding sunroof fiasco!!!) She told me she smelled an awful burning smell before it quit and I did find like 6 pieces of what really looked like an old business card (would have been funny if it was a LR salesman card hahahahaha) under the blower fan blade basically in the motor. If my wife thought that little bit of burnt paper was bad she's been lucky enough to never have an onboard electrical fire lol. Both my 05 Jeep Wranglers were famous for melting the blower motor wiring. That is a smell that just doesn't go away for a very long time!

I also got to drive it (when I went to grab the 40AMP fuse) and the ride is awful! It's shaking pretty bad, and once I got home I checked all the steering, control arms, and it's something with the LR tire. It is wearing very badly on the inside tread. I checked the hub for play and it was good. Control arms looked fine as well, so I'm guessing I need a new set of tires and a 4 wheel alignment is in that LR3's future. I recently had the tires balanced so I don't think that's it either.

I would sell that thing for cheap, and just let the Mrs drive the 04 D2, but I would be sick to my stomach watching it slowly fall apart (it is mint inside/out minus a little paint fade on the roof) or she would sit at idle for an hour during softball practice in it, and overheat n lock up the 4.6L. I don't think my wife is LR material. When she had the 07 Hummer H3 Adventure and later the 08 Hummer H3 Alpha, I never got these crazy text lol. I'd still have her in the 08 Hummer H3 Alpha, but she was all about getting a vehicle with a 3rd row. I think we've used that 3rd row in the LR3 2 times in nearly 5 years!!

How have you been doing sir? Your LR3 is looking excellent btw!

If I had a budget set aside for the LR3 I would ditch the EAS, go with the OME coil spring setup, get some 18inch wheels/tires vs the 19inch ones I have, and I would replace the front windshield, and do the trans service with updated kit. Then I think the LR3 would be good to go for a while, but my wife has disliked it ever since that sunroof business to be honest.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:32 AM
Three Wheeling

I’ve been doing good I’m gonna do a lot of upgrades here the next week to the LR3 over the past few months I’ve been trying to accumulate a stockpile of parts. Bumper, skid plate, winch, lights, sliders, new wheels and tires. I will have some pics up when she is done.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds awesome! Don't tell me even bigger tires this time?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?