LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 08:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 226 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Found the reason for my intermittent electrical issue and no start....

That'll do it, nice easy fix.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Shockingly easy

Old 08-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Yesterday, removed battery, cleaned connections, removed Transfer Case Control Module, opened it up, checked for corrosion (found none) and replaced trying to find intermittent "Transmission Fault Limited Gears" error. Going on a 2000 Km trip next week, we'll see if anything changed...

Old 08-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Got a new generic windshield sun shade since my other one was starting to fall apart, some day I'll get a custom fit one but for now the $16 one will work. I think I'm going to cut the old one to cover at least two of the sunroof windows. I hate how it's not a solid screen for them and they let in a lot of sun/heat, it's going to be around or over 100 here for the next 10 days so I want all the heat blocking I can get.

I also picked up some spools of wire to get closer to finishing my trailer hitch electrical harness project. I'm working on getting a $20 amazon 7pin/4pin combo receptacle to work with the factory connections. So far I've modified the mounting bracket to mount to the rear bumper and have extended 3 of the 7 wires. Now that I have the other spools if wire I can finish the extensions and then start working on putting the pins in the Rover connectors so they plug into the body side connectors in the car.

Old 08-08-2021, 12:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex J
Got a new generic windshield sun shade since my other one was starting to fall apart, some day I'll get a custom fit one but for now the $16 one will work. I think I'm going to cut the old one to cover at least two of the sunroof windows. I hate how it's not a solid screen for them and they let in a lot of sun/heat, it's going to be around or over 100 here for the next 10 days so I want all the heat blocking I can get.
Agree. I’ve always hated this aspect of the LR3. On long trips I take a piece of paper and slip it above. For the windshield I have a custom made one by Covercraft. Not cheap, but we’ll worth it. This week I’m going to custom cut some rigid duct pan used for return air, paint it black on the inside for all three. I’ll just slip it up there and let it hang, it’s glorified cardboard with a reflective coating.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:21 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 226 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by enb54
Yesterday, removed battery, cleaned connections, removed Transfer Case Control Module, opened it up, checked for corrosion (found none) and replaced trying to find intermittent "Transmission Fault Limited Gears" error. Going on a 2000 Km trip next week, we'll see if anything changed...
You issue is more likely to be in the valve body, get the codes read and see what they are - P0730 etc.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Agree. I’ve always hated this aspect of the LR3. On long trips I take a piece of paper and slip it above. For the windshield I have a custom made one by Covercraft. Not cheap, but we’ll worth it. This week I’m going to custom cut some rigid duct pan used for return air, paint it black on the inside for all three. I’ll just slip it up there and let it hang, it’s glorified cardboard with a reflective coating.
Covercraft is kind of on my list right now. I had sent a message to customer support asking if there would be any sort of discount if I ordered 3 of their custom fit windshield covers and their one and only response was, we have no active coupons right now. I was going to order one for my LR3, our '18 Pacifica van and my father in laws '15 Ram truck. So I'm looking into other brands of custom fit covers now.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by loanrangie
You issue is more likely to be in the valve body, get the codes read and see what they are - P0730 etc.
Thanks, I have an IIDTool but unfortunately I just looked at the wiring diagram and rushed ahead, next time I'll read the codes first! I'm actually suspecting some kind of CANBUSS problem, because there has never ever been a real transmission shifting problem, and also get several other issues like suspension lowering, etc. Will just have to wait for the next intermittent failure, keep IIDTool in the vehicle and then record the error messages...

Old 08-09-2021, 11:59 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex J
Covercraft is kind of on my list right now. I had sent a message to customer support asking if there would be any sort of discount if I ordered 3 of their custom fit windshield covers and their one and only response was, we have no active coupons right now. I was going to order one for my LR3, our '18 Pacifica van and my father in laws '15 Ram truck. So I'm looking into other brands of custom fit covers now.
I ordered on Amazon for both the LR3 and our Subaru Outback.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 777 Likes on 651 Posts

I like the OEM windshield cover. Paid $50 but its a perfect fit.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?