LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Balancing & alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Wheel Balancing & alignment

Where's the best place to get my LR3 wheels balanced and a proper alignment?
Pep Boys?
Sears?
Town fair Tire?
Monroes?
any other suggestions?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The dealer will always be the best place. Actually check with the dealers most have alignments around the same price as the independants and they can spot stuff the tire guys cant and don't care about.

Plus the dealers have the best equipment for balancing the rims, sears has old machines that barely work with undertrained oil changers.
I started at sears while in college 15 years ago, so trust me I know.

And all LR dealers have road force balancers, the best in the business that can pick up any imperfection and help diagnose problems. All though most dealers in any manufacturer have them as well. Those that don't, stay away from.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
The dealer will always be the best place. Actually check with the dealers most have alignments around the same price as the independants and they can spot stuff the tire guys cant and don't care about.

Plus the dealers have the best equipment for balancing the rims, sears has old machines that barely work with undertrained oil changers.

And all LR dealers have road force balancers, the best in the business that can pick up any imperfection and help diagnose problems. All though most dealers in any manufacturer have them as well. Those that don't, stay away from.
Firestone has the lifetime alignment (once every 6k miles); I got my work car done their for $159.99. Asked them if they do Rovers, LR3 specifically, and they guy said yes. I read on the DI and DII subforum that some guys have used it for their trucks. Worth it or no? I'm all for saving money where I can, but not where it will cost more in the long run.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ghengis86
Firestone has the lifetime alignment (once every 6k miles); I got my work car done their for $159.99. Asked them if they do Rovers, LR3 specifically, and they guy said yes. I read on the DI and DII subforum that some guys have used it for their trucks. Worth it or no? I'm all for saving money where I can, but not where it will cost more in the long run.
Anyone use Sullivan tires? They have lifetime alignment for 199.00. I'm calling them tomorrow to make sure they can work on a lr3.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

This may help.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
4 wheel alignment.pdf (337.4 KB, 1832 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovin4life

Our local LR dealer subs ALL alignment jobs out to a local tire place. I also seriously doubt that the vehicles are put into tight tolerence mode before the job as the tire shop is a good 5 miles+ away from the dealer.

As always YMMV.