LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to start....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 11:30 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start....

Somewhat new LR3 owner. 2005 4.4 V8 SE. I've had this almost two years now. I love it! (when its working) The first year was fantastic, no issues only regular maintenance stuff, brakes, rotors and tires. In the past six months... radiator, alternator, plugs, and coil packs. I'm fine replacing this stuff as its wear n tare type things. Just lucky and pleased that it's not head gaskets or something major.
So a few questions I could use some advice with.
1. No radio or nav screen working. everything else on the panel works fine i.e. heat, fan buttons all fine.
2. I cant manually raise or lower the suspension. The switch does nothing. It will raise and lower when I put in terrain modes.

Could these be just simple fuses or am I looking at something more complex? Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 08-23-2022, 06:23 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

1 - Almost sounds like the entertainment relay is not working? I am not sure what all systems are on it, but I know radio and NAV both are. Its a relay on the central junction box behind the glove box (which you have to empty then you fully lower). It could also be a fuse for said system.

2 - Bad switch. But it can easily be taken apart and cleaned. The contacts may have a spilled drink on them or corrosion from water entry.