LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 LR4 Left Rear Door Speaker Cover Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 01:04 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 LR4 Left Rear Door Speaker Cover Replacement

I need to replace the speaker cover on my 2016 LR4 HSE Left Rear Door due to something puncturing a hole through the speak cover. Luckily the speaker itself isn't damaged, however, i'm having trouble finding the correct part for it and was told by someone that I will need to have the entire panel replaced which I don't believe is correct, or at least hope it isn't. Reaching out for help/suggestions here. See image attached - thanks all.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:29 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

I believe it’s only sold as an entire unit.

If I’m correct those speaker covers are sonic welded in place, meaning the plastic edges have tabs that are melted in.

I’ve only ever parted out one LR4, so I could be wrong.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:01 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

I think abran is correct, it looks like LR part #: LR016883 comes with the speaker covers attached.
And OMG full retail on this door skin is $1000 new and approx. $350 used....CRAZY!

Have a look at the pics below and you can see what the back of the door skin looks like.
IMHO, I would remove the plastic speaker covers and fab a new set.
If you don't want to bother doing the work, a good audio shop could make these covers no worries.
Good Luck!

The following users liked this post:
jess4osu (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 07:58 PM
4th Gear

thanks - exactly what i was concerned about - what seems to be a simple fix never really is unless you know what you're doing and in my case, i don't. Appreciate the feedback y'all.

Old 07-23-2020, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

Question were you able to find that part? If so do you have link of an used part, thank you.

Old 12-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am having the same issue. You can only buy the whole door card as noted, so I found one from a wrecked model that matches my interior. Problem is how to redo the plastic "welds" that hold the grille on (and the midrange speaker you can see near the top of the door.) They aren't screws so have to cut them and somehow reeled, does seem like glue would hold. Has anybody dealt with this before?

Old 12-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoLR
I am having the same issue. You can only buy the whole door card as noted, so I found one from a wrecked model that matches my interior. Problem is how to redo the plastic "welds" that hold the grille on (and the midrange speaker you can see near the top of the door.) They aren't screws so have to cut them and somehow reeled, does seem like glue would hold. Has anybody dealt with this before?
I don't understand. You have one that matches, but you want to take it apart, and remove the one that's already on your car to melt out the plastic? Ie take a perfectly good card, disassemble it and use it to fix a broken one? I assume there's a good reason why you wouldn't just swap them. Having tried to 'unweld' the plastic tabs it's a **** show. They're hard to remove as it is, and once you have the part out you have nothing to hold it in again afterwards and so resort to glue and mess, etc. Don't bother trying to fix.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pagoda
I don't understand. You have one that matches, but you want to take it apart, and remove the one that's already on your car to melt out the plastic? Ie take a perfectly good card, disassemble it and use it to fix a broken one? I assume there's a good reason why you wouldn't just swap them. Having tried to 'unweld' the plastic tabs it's a **** show. They're hard to remove as it is, and once you have the part out you have nothing to hold it in again afterwards and so resort to glue and mess, etc. Don't bother trying to fix.
the replacement door card was supposed to be intact but the midrange (?, the speaker near the top of the door card) is normally affixed to the door card itself. The one I bought was broken when they shipped it to me. So I have to forgive out how to reattach that speaker in order for the replacement card to work. And yes it’s ridiculous. I could send it back but finding the right door (needs to be a Lux w the arabica leather) is hard. Pics below.

Last edited by ColoLR; 12-16-2020 at 09:34 PM.