LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant leak questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2023, 08:19 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant leak questions

Happy Christmas eve! My 2012 lr4 v8 with 145k miles has a few coolant leaks. The first is a small pinhole leak at the top passenger side. It looks to be in between the metal part of radiator and the plastic surround. The second is coming from I believe the thermostat. Can anyone here confirm that's the part? I looked up the numbers on the hose leaving it and brings up thermostat. The leak is coming from the black plastic part on the front drivers side. Pointing to it with the screw driver. If I have the radiator out, the thermostat out I figure I out to knock out the serpentine belts, y crossover and water pump. I'm in the process of trying to figure out the hoses I should replace while everything is apart. Roverparts has a thermostat kit, but, it's for no rear heat and mine does. Second question is are any of the after market companies radiator, water pumps decent? Not cheapo amazon stuff but the stuff from roverparts or similar. The rubber parts I'm planning on sticking to genuine land rover. I'm about 2 hours from any dealership so I'm going to have to order parts in and wait. This is a third vehicle and not in a rush to get it up and going. Any help is much appreciated.