LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 Air suspension will not lower

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 08:04 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR4 Air suspension will not lower

Hoping someone can help.
I have a 2010 LR4 which I've not owned for too long. The air suspension is constantly trying to raise the car to full height. The minute I tried to lower the air suspension it would throw up an air suspension fault and try to raise the car back up

The fault code read -gallery not venting. I went for blocked desiccant in the air dryer, went for the quick fix of replacing the whole compressor assy. The pump is an AMK pump. I believe this has been upgraded at some point as when inputting the reg to purchase a new pump it points to the Hitachi being fitted. I'm assuming the software had been upgraded too as the pump looks like its been fitted a while.

Replacing the pump didn't make any difference. I then replaced the forward levelling valve block in the front right wheel arch. It may have been coincidence but now it seems i can select down on the suspension height switch without it throwing up a fault straight away. It does however immediately try to push the suspension back up even with the button depressed. On initial lower selection I can hear a slight release of air which then stops. If I repeatedly select the switch it does repeat that action throwing out a small amount of air out then stopping. The exhaust valve is getting a power supply according to the code reader which very quickly shuts off. The fault code is still - gallery not venting- at this point, I did on one occasion see an exhaust valve fault but that has not appeared again.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?