LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 Front & Rear wiper fluid not squirting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 12:05 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR4 Front & Rear wiper fluid not squirting?

Hi all. Recently purchased 2012 LR4, and had my washer fluid stop squirting out (front and rear) yesterday after working well the day before. Reservoir is full, I'm using -30 degree fluid - and it's 45 degrees here in Denver. It does "sound" like it's trying to come out, but nothing happens. Wiper blade function is fine. Digging around online, some have suggested it could be a fuse/ If so- is that something a recently laid off total car novice who is trying to save $ on repairs might be able to fix themselves? Having never replaced a car fuse in my life, where would i find the fuse associated with windshield wiper fluid spraying? What fuse would I want to replace it with- and can it be bought at a local auto supply store, or would I need to order? Are there any "Fuse Replacement for Dummies" instructions on here or online that I might have missed? Or- am I barking up the wrong tree with the fuse issue?

My hope is, of course, with a car I've only put ~70 miles on that this is a minor and inexpensive repair that I could tackle myself with the right instruction!

Appreciate any feedback,

Emily

Old 12-06-2020, 11:22 PM
Geo
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello, if fuse, it will be behind the glove box. Open it, dump out the stuff and press down the little arms on the outside of the box to drop it down. You will probably need a flashlight to see the tiny numbers. Look for f38 and f43. Numbers are to the right of the corresponding fuse. There is a diagram and the icons are pretty helpful. There is a little tool to pull a fuse and there are a couple of spares. Look at the diagram to find them. Replace only with same size (number of amps) on the fuse.
If you hear the pump, it could be frozen fluid in the line. Unlikely both fuses would go at the same time and if blown, pumps will not make a sound.
Good luck..

Old 03-31-2022, 10:09 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this issue as well but I can hear the pump working. It maybe just the reservoir is empty.

Old 03-31-2022, 01:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Might have to check the hoses to make sure they are still fastened. Check the reservoir area for crimped hose. Test pump.