LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 project build - Here we go again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Fantastic work.

I think I might need to sticky this

The following users liked this post:
jayvee (06-14-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 09:04 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

~500 Mile update.

- No CEL codes.
- Temps seem to stay around 185 but I may get an Ultraguage and mount it in the car permanently so I can always monitor. Something I had to be used to back when I had a Disco II.
- I do have a TPMS fault that I may have a theory about. I may have not plugged the drv side sensor antennae back in when I put the splash guard back. I'll check that this weekend. If not I'll take it by a tire shop and find out what's up.
- I do have a code in the backend I can pull with a scanner. P0500 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) malfunction. Not sure on this one as Google says it usually comes with another code.

I'm going to do some research on the P0500 code on the VSS sensor. See what that is.
Also, this weekend I'll go ahead and do my break in oil change and get new oil and a filter in place. Check over the oil filter from break in for metal fragments or gunk.

I drove the LR4 to work and several client meetings over the last week. No issues, warms up nicely, love the heated steering wheel and windshield. I truly do enjoy this over my LR3. Has the features I liked from the Evoque, updates don't too much away from the rugged intentions of the LR3. Love the interior. I just need to give the inside a good detailing as it is a bit dirty and then move forward on soem of the black highlights I want to do with the vehicle. Black the center grill, the stock wheels, and then match the badging and door handles. Subtle but a nice contrast with the silver.

Flyun (03-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 08:12 AM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it, whats next on the list for the car?

jayvee (06-14-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 08:50 AM
Mudding

Well.....been few thousand miles. No issues.

This weekend I'm goign to go ahead and get the new brakes and rotors on. Brakes are starting to feel their age. While I'm in there I'm going to pop off the fender liners and see if my TPMS code is becasue on of the fender liner senors didn't get plugged back in.

I won't get into the horrible story of what took place at Firestone, but long story short, I found that my AC wasn't working becasue I done forgot to plug the AC comp in.....but now I have fantastic AC and am glad that didn't require ripping the car back apart to replace the compressor.

Once the brakes and TPMS issues are gone I'm going to enjoy the vehicle. It has been fantastic driving to work, down to Savannah, and I thoroughly enjoy what it can do and how easy it is to drive around Metro ATL. It's big but it handles great.

I'll start looking into a few cosmetic changes. I'm going to add more black highlights to contrast with the silver. Go to the black LED tail lights, door handles, tint the front windows to match the rears. I think I'm going to get the black grill from PowerfullUK to replace the front one with a later D4 version. I do also plan on painting the rims a semi-gloss black as well.

I do plan on putting some exploration and camping hardware on the vehicle down the road. Low profile full roof frame. Some beefier tires on 18s. Give it more of a trail rated look but not so much to make it look like a tank amongst the metro area a live in. My LR3 was done up enough it was actually hard to drive it places in the city and some larking garages I couldn't even fit in.

I love it. I finally feel I may have found a long term daily driver I won't flip and move to the next thing.

The following 2 users liked this post by knightmetro:
jayvee (06-14-2021), Tyler Jacobsen (07-15-2021)
Old 01-24-2022, 10:26 AM
Mudding

*1 Year Update*

I realized I have not done an update in a bit. I've put 3,000 miles on the LR4, at least. With working from home I don't commute anywhere near as much as I used to.

No issues. The LR4 has turned into one of my most enjoyable vehicles to drive around town, road trips, and get to where I am going then anything I've had before. It is just as great in downtown Atlanta and terrible packing garages as it is out on the open road or rolling over the rough. The turning radius is incredible. The heated steering wheel and seats have been a dream when it drops temp. It is everything I loved about the LR3's Land Rover rugged design mixed with the styling and comfort I wanted from the Evoque.

I plan to keep it as my daily driver until it becomes socially unacceptable to drive a big gas powered SUV anymore. I'd be more than happy keeping this for the next decade.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Here is the other project I have been working on for the last 2 years.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1632256

Old 03-15-2023, 10:51 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize I am reviving a quiet thread, but this was an amazing write up.

Recently picked up a 2010 LR4 for my "camprig" bug I've caught and it's great to see the love and care that went into this project!