LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LR4 owner! But need a bit of help

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 02:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

To the hitch point, if you're talking about the LR square hitch receiver that's held in with a lock, then no it most certainly does not need to be cut out. There's a process for removing a hitch with the lock removed. They can be absolute buggers to shift if they've been in there for a time, but patience and a decent penetrating spray and a lot of whacking with a mallet will eventually shift it. After my experience with a LR dealer today on a warranty issue I'm convinced they're morons. Reminded me why I never bothered with them. Shocking bunch of rip-off merchants.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:39 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pagoda
To the hitch point, if you're talking about the LR square hitch receiver that's held in with a lock, then no it most certainly does not need to be cut out. There's a process for removing a hitch with the lock removed. They can be absolute buggers to shift if they've been in there for a time, but patience and a decent penetrating spray and a lot of whacking with a mallet will eventually shift it. After my experience with a LR dealer today on a warranty issue I'm convinced they're morons. Reminded me why I never bothered with them. Shocking bunch of rip-off merchants.
Anything you can point me to on how to get the lock out?

Old 11-30-2020, 06:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

You have 2 tow bars. Look at the one that's not connected; you'll see a plate that's held on by a couple of screws. That's the lock barrel. Once it's apart you'll see how it functions. It's almost certainly going to be properly wedged into the receiver, however, so could take genuine hammering to shift it.

Old 12-07-2020, 05:39 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Pagoda, I have looked up w YouTube video and sent it to the dealer as they have it right now. If they cant figure it out, I'll just do it myself.

Also turns out the CPO warranty only covers mechanical or electrical failures. Things like my windshield making noise at speed is going to be on me....they have ruled out the A-pillar trim and think it might be the seal as a last ditch effort.