LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Looking at used 2011 LR4 HSE Lux

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 03:11 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Looking at used 2011 LR4 HSE Lux

Hello All, I'm TooToosMom, New to the group. I am looking at a private sale of a 2 owner used 2011 LR4 HSE Lux, 5L V8 32V with !18k miles. I have the CarFax which notes it had recommended Service at 45k, 60k, & 75k miles along with new tires, alignment & oil changes. It was traded at 104k to the second owner who says it's been serviced at the local LR dealer for just oil & filter, & is now up for sale at 117k miles. The present owner says he has purchased a different SUV for daily use. If I liked this car, I wouldn't purchase one to replace it, so I'm beginning to hear alarm bells in the distance.

I don't want to be stupid about this purchase so I'm looking for some info about what might have been required at 100k that didn't get accomplished. I have already copied the Sticky List that a member assembled of items to have checked. To complicate this, I live 3 hours away from the seller, so it's not going to be so easy to take the car to my LR dealer for an evaluation. (How do I have the car checked out) Can I have the owner take it for a dealer evaluation and pay to get the report?

I'm a car enthusiast, but I don't work on cars except to get them washed. I am interested in driving this to the local Whole Foods & Target. The most off road my ride will see is parking lots with speed bumps. I love the design and color & I'm crazy about the three sun roofs. This might be my last car, and I'd be looking at a used Mercedes SL 550 instead if there was a way to haul my electric trike. I'm sure there's a ton of knowledge that can be tapped on this forum. I'm especially eager to hear from LR4 owners since some issues might be specific to this model.

I also would like to know if anyone has had an experience with the PrePaid Maintenance Plan like my local dealer offers. Is this a good deal?

Prepaid Maintenance Plan Plus 3 Yr $3,650 services include:
  • Replace engine oil and filter**
  • Replace pollen filter**,650
  • Replace air cleaner element**
  • Replace brake fluid**
  • Check/top up fluid levels (brake, coolant, windshield)
  • Check battery condition, check/top up electrolyte level
  • Inspect brake pads for wear, calipers for leaks and disc condition
  • Inspect tire pressures, conditions and tread depth
  • Inspect for fluid leaks
  • Front Brake Pads (Set)
  • Front Brake Disc (Set)
  • Front Brake Wear Sensor
  • Rear Pads (Set)
  • Rear Rotors (Set)
  • Rear Brake Wear Sensor
  • Driver Wiper Blades
  • Rear Wiper Blade