LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear hatch won’t open

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 03:13 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheers

good idea to remove the cover before it dies completely,going to do that now and will order parts soon

Old 09-30-2018, 03:59 PM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright it’s been about 10 days since I’ve replaced the actuator. Haven’t had any issues. I can open and close the back multiple times without ever needing to cycle the car like before. I did notice when I had the 2 actuators in hand that the old one when you pushed it down it was really slow and labored to come back almost like it was sticking. The new one you could push in and it would come right back.

I put my interior body panels back on and feel like I can trust it once again.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default Thanks!

I had this same actuator issue this past weekend on my new to me LR4 and this thread was very helpful- so thanks!
One trick I used to get the rear upper tailgate open one last time was I got in the back through a side door and activated the opener with the remote and put my shoulder into it, and I was able to pop it open. I tried most of the other tricks I read online and this was the only thing that worked. Then I could more
easily remove the interior panels etc. Funny thing is now with all that done and parts on order and on the way it’s working almost fine again- it does stick a bit, like it’s not quite unlatching fully, but it’s not closed and almost unopenable like it was over the weekend. Global warming?

Old 02-03-2020, 07:59 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by KMH77
I had this same actuator issue this past weekend on my new to me LR4 and this thread was very helpful- so thanks!
One trick I used to get the rear upper tailgate open one last time was I got in the back through a side door and activated the opener with the remote and put my shoulder into it, and I was able to pop it open. I tried most of the other tricks I read online and this was the only thing that worked. Then I could more
easily remove the interior panels etc. Funny thing is now with all that done and parts on order and on the way it’s working almost fine again- it does stick a bit, like it’s not quite unlatching fully, but it’s not closed and almost unopenable like it was over the weekend. Global warming?

Mine would work for a while and then just stop working. When I replaced it you could tell the spring return or what made it snappy had worn out and so it just wouldn’t latch correctly. Better to get it replaced as it’s easy and cheap to do than to deal with the headache it can cause.

The following users liked this post:
KMH77 (02-04-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 02:35 PM
3rd Gear

Dezm what did you use for adhesive to attach the new moisture/splash guard on with?

Old 02-05-2020, 07:51 PM
6th Gear

The dust cover I got had adhesive already on it. It was like a peel and stick so it was really easy.

The following users liked this post:
KMH77 (02-06-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 07:09 AM
Default Changed actuator but still won’t work

Hi there I’m new to this forum I had the same issue with my 2010 Land Rover trunk so I ordered the whole assembly from Atlantic British exchanged it all but it still won’t work I made sure all the connections were properly attached took the whole thing apart one more time to double check but do t seem to find a mistake on the Install could it be something else ?
any hints would be great maybe someone out there had the same problem ?
many thanks in advance
all the best Christian

Old 04-17-2020, 08:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you test the hot to the actuator to see if it has power?