LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 02:10 PM
4wd Low
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Rizzle
Hey everyone, I'm still actively searching for an LR4. As I look over CarFaxes and service records I frequently see "Intake Manifold Gaskets" replaced. What would cause the need to replace the Intake manifold gasket and if this seemed to be the only major repair on record, would you move forward with a purchase? I found 2 vehicles with good records, mostly from Land Rover dealerships, and this was the only significant repair. Otherwise, the vehicles seem to be healthy. Any thoughts? Thanks again for your experience and feedback!
Carfax is very limited, it gives an indication of dealer visits, but does not cover what really was done. Few cars have the service receipts, making it very hard to create any detailed history. Some main dealers will talk you through service history records in my experience. My car had a lot of work completed that was not evidenced by Carfax.
Inspection is still your best bet. You can certainly see if the coolant cross-over pipes have been done, as the replacement design is different to the part that fails (lots on here on this subject) . This is probably the most critical item, as a failure, if not contained rapidly, it can lead to engine failure. The other issues are more maintenance issues and part replacement in my experience. They do eat pads and rotors , need frequent oil changes with quality oil and dislike low charge batteries.

The following users liked this post:
guy (05-26-2024)