Adding Navigation - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Old 12-03-2016, 02:44 PM

Default Adding Navigation

Hi all. I recently purchased a 2017 Discovery Sport HSE without navigation (which I now understand would have been included had I choose the Driver Assist Package - it was an oversight). I am neither car nor tech savvy and I am wondering if someone can tell me whether there is a way to add navigation at this point (the dealer will not, saying it is only a factory install option, and did not provide any guidance). I know I can use my phone or a separate GPS unit but I'd really love something integrated with the existing 8'' Color Touchscreen Infotainment Screen. Could it possibly be accomplished by purchasing the USB drive with map updates available from Land Rover (Land Rover | Range Rover Sport | 2016 | InControl Touch Plus ? USB/Activation ? 2017 NA | HERE) or is more required since I have nothing to update?

Thanks to all of you very knowledgable folks for your help!
Old 12-27-2016, 05:39 AM

yes, you can get a standalone version GPS navigation on your car or if you want the gps navigation be integrated with your car, you can just replace the stock radio with an aftermarket radio which has the gps navgiation feature etc such as seicane aftermarket radio gps system, you can take a look at it online. Hope you can solve the issue soon.