Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Passenger seat height

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 10:14 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Passenger seat height

Hi guys, a newbie to the Land Rover Forum so apologies if this thread exists but couldn't find it.

I am a terminally ill brain cancer patient and my wife and I just last month purchased an Evoque Dynamic R HSE. Problem I am having is at it's lowest point getting in and out of the passenger side (I unfortunately cannot drive) is difficult as my head rubs against the top of the door on the right side where my OP was, when entering the vehicle and could really do with a 1-2" reduction in height...………………….if possible??? Has anyone came across this and can it be done??????? Thanks.

Regards,
Peter

Old 02-13-2020, 10:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 739 Likes on 621 Posts

How do you enter? Some people put a leg in first then their butt into the seat followed by the other leg. The problem is with one leg in you limit your entry angle so your head hits before you butt is even close to the seat. Thus sometimes sitting first, sideways with legs out, then dipping your head down (if even needed) as you then swing both legs in makes it a lot easier. Basically change your entry tactic if you can.

As for modifying the seat, thats generally not a safe idea.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
How do you enter? Some people put a leg in first then their butt into the seat followed by the other leg. The problem is with one leg in you limit your entry angle so your head hits before you butt is even close to the seat. Thus sometimes sitting first, sideways with legs out, then dipping your head down (if even needed) as you then swing both legs in makes it a lot easier. Basically change your entry tactic if you can.

As for modifying the seat, thats generally not a safe idea.

Hi Dakota,

My entry tactic is fixed. My method of entry is sit down first and then bring my head and legs in to the car. I am 6' 4" which does not make the task any easier. My physical abilities are only going to get worse as time goes on so lowering the car seat in this instance in my condition is the best option.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 739 Likes on 621 Posts

If no one here knows any method to safely modifying the seat, I would contact Land Rover and see if they have any options. I would also consider contacting a company that modifies vehicles for those with limited abilities or those in need of wheel chair access. Those conversion companies have often modified a lot of vehicles and may have some options.