Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Swapping body/interior parts from a Disco2 SE to a Disco1

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 09:52 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swapping body/interior parts from a Disco2 SE to a Disco1

Hello all

I have a 95 Disco 1. The interior was long in the tooth when I got it. I now have a chance of getting a totaled Disco II SE (crunched roof).

How much of the interior and exterior pieces I can swap onto the Disco I? I do want to try and replace the doors on the 1? I hate the present door pull handles and don't have to change door panels.

Next question would be the electrical/dash swap? I would want to change out as much as possible: Dash/console, steering wheel and such. Plus install the extra accessories that come with an SE. This SE has the extra rear seats/heaters. Can I add on to the Disco 1?

Last: How much of the drive train and suspension is swap-able?

Old 06-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like you should just buy a new car. Anything can be done, but the question is whether it's worth the effort. Every single piece is different, and will not be a direct fit for one reason or another. If you want a D2, sell your D1 and buy a D2. Then you can use this rollover wreck for spare parts.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:23 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squirt
Sounds like you should just buy a new car. Anything can be done, but the question is whether it's worth the effort. Every single piece is different, and will not be a direct fit for one reason or another. If you want a D2, sell your D1 and buy a D2. Then you can use this rollover wreck for spare parts.
Sorry for the slow response. I was trying to figure out a game plan. Just this week I bought a 2003 Disco II in overall decent shape except for the interior. We are still getting the wrecked SE7. The interior of that will be going into the "new" Disco. The remainder will be parted out and keeping the bits that go out to keep the running Disco running. The Disco I will go to my son as his work vehicle.