Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Upcomming Project: My biggest Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
I love my wife.
I love single malt scotch.
I like my rovers. On good days.
... so would you guys get pissed if I said I wanted a new complete paint job to? lol Maybe a new coating of charcoal grey OR change color to white or jet black......

Old 01-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
... so would you guys get pissed if I said I wanted a new complete paint job to? lol Maybe a new coating of charcoal grey OR change color to white or jet black......
I'm not aware anyone is pissed at you. Just that the majority know it's a dumb idea.
Vehicle color is a personal preference and purely aesthetics.
Now, if you said you were going to paint it with Krylon spray cans and just try to do with the wind blowing so you don't get too much on the glass, lights, etc., then people might try to convince you that is a dumb idea also.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 PM
TReK

I'm not aware anyone is pissed at you. Just that the majority know it's a dumb idea.
Vehicle color is a personal preference and purely aesthetics.
Now, if you said you were going to paint it with Krylon spray cans and just try to do with the wind blowing so you don't get too much on the glass, lights, etc., then people might try to convince you that is a dumb idea also.
lol I feel better already What would I do without all ya? and if I ever get a paint job, it will be a professional paint job!!!! Problem is I would have a hard time debating on what color.... White gives the Disco a true sporty safari look, black just looks elegant and badass and charcoal grey is just the original stock color to make it look brand new again.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Before you paint it the same color try a good compound waxing.

I love black but wouldnt paint it if it was charcoal. White would be one of my last choices although I have one in champagne so go figure.

A complete paint job...to do it right...would require all the rubbers off and maybe replaced.

You could always go two tone as well with a separate colored roof. I toyed with "aluminum" color as an alternative to a white roof which would look odd on my black truck but probably not on my champagne one.

I used to drink single malts and had plenty in Scotland and a whole bunch of other places. Now I just drink Jameson.....and DonQ and Barrelito.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
Before you paint it the same color try a good compound waxing.

I love black but wouldnt paint it if it was charcoal. White would be one of my last choices although I have one in champagne so go figure.

A complete paint job...to do it right...would require all the rubbers off and maybe replaced.

You could always go two tone as well with a separate colored roof. I toyed with "aluminum" color as an alternative to a white roof which would look odd on my black truck but probably not on my champagne one.

I used to drink single malts and had plenty in Scotland and a whole bunch of other places. Now I just drink Jameson.....and DonQ and Barrelito.
It was more a joke than anything although one day in afew years Id like to get the truck professionally painted to make her look brand new again. Also have to sandblast the a-frame brush bar and use some vinyl plastic restorer on all the exterior plastic trim pieces. Not sure what color I would choose. White, Black, Original Charcoal Grey or maybe a purpleish blue color kinda like UrbanPanzer's Disco.

On another note I will shut the hell up about my obsession with the ACE system for now. Did not realize how my opposition it would create and so far nobody as responded with any offers or proposals regarding a trade. In the mean time I will continue to love my truck and work towards completing DiscoMikes service list.

Cheers all.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

that sounds exactly how i painted my Bottorf.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
that sounds exactly how i painted my Bottorf.
But not the whole vehicle, right? I did my bonnet blackout with a spray can too, but again, not the whole vehicle.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ah...the painting was a joke but the ACE was real. i got it the other way around.

you've all seen the jeep rustoleum paint jobs where they do like 10 coats with wet sand in between. impressive results altho im sure not worth it.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did you ever complete the ACE "upgrade"?
I have 2 DISCO II's, one with ACE and one without... they both have Super Gaz HD lifted springs and shocks on them and to be honest, I can't really tell the cornering difference. Although, If you were brave enough to attempt the surgery required to install an ACE system, I would love to hear your tale.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:05 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by DiscoJ
So did you ever complete the ACE "upgrade"?
I have 2 DISCO II's, one with ACE and one without... they both have Super Gaz HD lifted springs and shocks on them and to be honest, I can't really tell the cornering difference. Although, If you were brave enough to attempt the surgery required to install an ACE system, I would love to hear your tale.
Why is your Ace D2 for sale? If so where is it located and how much? I have not done ACE yet but its still a dream of mine. My chassis needs some restoration work now due to the salt and cold weather up here in new england, so if I could fine a cheap rust free D2 with ACE than I could swap over the chassis and save myself a lot of work.