Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

What new ABS sensors to get for my Discovery with a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023, 07:00 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What new ABS sensors to get for my Discovery with a lift?

I have a 1999 Discovery 2 with a 3 inch Terrafirma lift. My Three Amigos lights come on periodically but reset when I shut the car off. From what I've read it ssems I need New ABS sensors because of the lift, but can I just use any Discovey2 eBay sensor or is there a specific one for when it's lifted. Do I need to do all four or can I just do the rears as those seem to the ones that are tight thanks - Brion

Old 08-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Winching
Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

You will reach more people & responses posting the the D2 general forum section, as this is not a modification done; rather a question.

Firstly, what diagnosing tool are you using to tell you that your three amigos are being caused by your rear wheel sensors? A Land Rover specific tool can tell you what’s throwing the code vs a general location. What codes are the ABS unit telling you? Can you share those?

your ABS sensors have to be specific to the manufacture of your wheel bearing. You cannot use “an eBay sensor” with a genuine timkin LR hub. Or vs versa. The gap from the sensor to the gear is specifically paired to read properly.

It is common and easily done to lift a D2 and use stock ABS sensors with adequate stock length. Both front and rear. The lift is not the culprit of your intermittent abs fault.