Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by cru_jones
You were able to secure 0% interest? I wasn’t aware Land Rover was offering that. I’m guessing no rebates or off sticker price though?
Yes 0%.... funny purchase really. I actually walked in and was rubbing my hands all over a dark silver one to see if I'd finger print it all up since we had test driven a narvik black one at carmax a few days before but it looked nasty after my family and I had touched it a bunch. I told the salesman that I knew they didn't have a CPO three row with adaptive cruise that wasnt black but I was checking out which colors I could keep on my list by how badly they finger-printed up. He searched his dealer network or whatever they have and told us about 0 percent on new as well. I gave them a number I'd pay and he took it to his boss or finance or wherever salesman wander off to. They met my number and we signed the paperwork and left with it. I didn't think they'd meet the number but they did (and obviously they were fine with it). Went 5300 under sticker of 65k. So with tax and all I walked out under sticker. I did put 10k down so that may have made a difference... no trade in as my wife's Lincoln got totalled about a month ago by some dingle driving a Telluride leaving whole foods without stopping... so for not much more than CPO and financing % we bought new at 0% and have 2 or three year newer and less miles if we ever want to sell it. There were no visible rebates going on... and yes normally you couldnt combine rebates and 0%... not sure why they accepted around 9% off of sticker but they did... and I didn't get fleeced on a trade in or anything. This was on July 4th. I still havent figured out if buying a British car on July 4th has any implications on my citizenship lol

Lift and extra lugnuts just showed up... guess my extra center caps arent coming until tommorow. Also a pic of the tpms i installed yesterday... had to get out the in/lb wrench and tighten to 40... i didn't trust that discount tire would be as **** as I am.

I'll cut a hole in that purple panel later tonight to access the rear tow loop... and when my kydex shows up I can make a trim ring/bucket so it looks better than just a hole cut in it... I dont like the idea of taking the cover off and leaving it off when offroad... looks sloppy.

Old 08-07-2020, 03:46 PM
Overlanding
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

The Proud Rhino 2" lift - where do you order that from? And doesn’t it need some computer modifications alongside or is it simply installed?

Old 08-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by discoiceland
The Proud Rhino 2" lift - where do you order that from? And doesn’t it need some computer modifications alongside or is it simply installed?
It came from lucky8 for under $70. Computer stuff? Don't think so. I guess ill find out. It just tricks it in to thinking its two inches lower as far as I can tell... so it stays in lift height over 50 mph and I don't rub the tires when it parks... not sure.. haven't checked tire clearance. Just going buy what the trek vehicle at the dealership had... which is this lift and 275/55r20s. This is happening quickly...still has paper plates.. I guess I need to get out the tube bender and do sliders and go ahead and order winch mount if I can get a confident answer from lucky 8 on it fitting without mods on a 2020 gasoline.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

They are just ride height levers Very easy to put on new ones. No computer anything.

At least one of the cool things of air suspension is it’s so easy to get a nice lift without doing anything really.

The following users liked this post:
discoiceland (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 12:51 PM
Rock Crawling
The following users liked this post:
gmfain (08-11-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 01:05 PM
Rock Crawling

Put in the 2" lift rods which took maybe 10 minutes. Put it up to offroad height and took it for a drive... first hundred feet it bounced like an old jeep with overarched springs, so I set it to normal (which is now 2" over stock normal) and it rode fine... drove about 150 miles with no issues while on stock tires. Took the lift bars off last night and this morning it rode like poo for a few hundred feet and then settled back down.. so now I am left questioning if it would have settled down while in lifted height with the lift rods. I'll retry it later this week... if it settles down then great... if not then I will order some 1.5" bars.... i can't have it bucking around offroad in the modes that it lifts to offroad height. I guess we will see what happens, I have high hopes since this is the same lift rods installed on the TREK vehicles. Also got the wheel center caps and black lugnuts. I'll try out the bfg ko2s in a couple of weeks. I'm also rethinking the purple panel in the rear... i may have to spray it silver or gloss black... i know i have purple wheels but this may be too much even if only in place when offroad.
synthetic line for the winch is in the way and I'll figure out my thimble or hook when i get the line in my hand and can measure the eyelet since I ordered 7/16ths and it may not fit every hook/thimble. I am also waiting on lucky8 to get back with me on the skid pkate and winch mount. I'll deal with the fairlead once installed and I can see my clearances... the factor 55 stuff is cool but a little gaudy for me since it cant be taken off like the wheels can during daily use. I also got my tube bender out with my 1.75" die... need to see if I can figure out rock sliders. And then I guess that's all I am doing (famous last words).

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 08-10-2020 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Kant speel
Old 08-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Overlanding
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

excellent - and guess you can use “access height” when you park it and then it goes to the usual normal height?

Old 08-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Rock Crawling

excellent - and guess you can use “access height” when you park it and then it goes to the usual normal height?
Yes... You are just fooling the height sensors at each wheel. So it always stays two inches higher than it would be with stock rods... so access height is two inches higher than stock as well. I forget what all the different heights are exactly. Putting on the oversize tires will gain another 1/2 ish inch of height as well. It'll be at stock height and stock wheels and tires most of the time as this is my wife's daily driver.

Anyone heard anything about using limiting straps on a D5? I don't want to over extend the airbags offroad.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:16 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Land Rover don’t push the bags to their limits when at off-road height so the ride quality off-road is much better than say a Jeep Grand Cherokee which does push its airbags to the limits in off-road height.

So the lift rods making every setting by 2 inches higher than stock suggests you are now pushing them to or closer to their limits in off road height which will affect the ride quality.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Does the lift make the compressor run any more than usual? Or put on any additional wear/tear?

Quick Reply: 2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up