Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 08:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Hayseed_D5
Does the lift make the compressor run any more than usual? Or put on any additional wear/tear?
Nothing I noticed. It just fills the bags a little more... but they also deplete less so there is no change in overall run time past the initial overfill. Psi only increases in the bag if you add weight to the truck. These are bags that get filled and not like super stretchy balloons that need to expand.. if that makes sense the way I explained it.
i have more concern with it jacking with tow in and tow out, caster/camber, and Ackerman angle... but those should all be fine at two inches over "normal height"... no idea when 2 inches over "offroad height" but I wouldn't run that mode on the street anyway. The lift rods being so easy to swap out makes these kits a no brainer to just throw a set in your glove box for under $70. I may buy the 1.5" and see how it does too.

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 08-11-2020 at 08:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
canon_mutant (08-11-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 09:36 AM
Rock Crawling

I went ahead and bought the dang Factor 55 fairlead with the winch cradle. Skipped the skid plate for now... looks good but I came up with enough reasons against it to make an excuse to not spend more money. Looks like you have to keep the factory front panel in place but still cut it to access the front recovery point... I dont want to buy an extra one right now to cut up... plus I can keep it a little more of a stealthy offroader without the skid plate. Need my winch line to hurry up so I can choose my winch hook/thimble... and I need to clean the winch up... figure out where the solenoid box is going and see exactly where the + and - jump points are. I haven't dug around under the hood much. Re-read the owners manual again now that I am a little more familiar with the vehicle... helped some.

gmfain (08-14-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 10:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

How do your KO2's fit without the lift rods? Any rubbing?

Old 08-14-2020, 10:11 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by 1979rover
How do your KO2's fit without the lift rods? Any rubbing?
No idea yet. I'll find out next week... thinking tuesday and leaving them on about a week. i didn't bother putting the wheelset on yet and only had the lift rods on over last weekend. I dont anticipate issues. I figure if you can put tire chains on these with stock tires that I have room for the ko2s I got.

You pick up those wheels?
i wanted to put on 275/60r20 ko2s but I chickened out and just did the 275/55r20 that a ton of people have already done... plus they are easily available... 275/60 was going to require ordering. 275/55r20s are everywhere.

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 08-14-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

I pick the wheels up tomorrow! Thanks again for the tip. I got all four for under $400.

I might also look at some other tires. Maybe in the MT range since these won't be for daily use.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:06 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by 1979rover
I pick the wheels up tomorrow! Thanks again for the tip. I got all four for under $400.

I might also look at some other tires. Maybe in the MT range since these won't be for daily use.
cool!
i thought about mud terrains and have run them on the street many miles... i didn't care about the roar in a Bronco on 35s... but I figure we may want a few road trips with the offroad wheelset for destination wheeling that the ATs would be enough... I've racked up a ton of miles on the old bfg a/ts and was happy with them even offroad in sandy and muddy conditions... they so didn't "dig" as bad at the beach.... and a lot of Houston offroad is sandy creek beds... they also worked fine in the Trinity River beds when I lived in Dallas many many years ago... MTs would be a great choice if the noise is a non factor.

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 08-14-2020 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:36 AM
Rock Crawling

Ordered and paid for hidden winch cradle from lucky8... no ETA yet. Cleaned winch and have cables ready to fabricate to pos and neg and remote mount the solenoid box wherever I can fit it near the winch. Also got the purple winch line in 7/16th A.R.E. in purple.... no idea when my flat plate shackle hook will be in. Also ordered a corderd winch remote since I lost the old one. Not sure where I will put the plug in and also changing from five wire to 3... Warn 5 wire remotes cost too much for doing the same thing. Going to keep it old school and not wireless... I can't stand the delay that those have... seems dangerous.

Here is the purple winch line

Lol:

gmfain (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 08:44 AM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I must be getting old but the mechanics just seem to be getting younger and younger...

1979rover (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 08:59 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Hayseed_D5
I must be getting old but the mechanics just seem to be getting younger and younger...
Lol. Starting her young. Funny enough, so far on this Rover, only my 7 year olds tool set has been used.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Rock Crawling

Good news... the TPMS woke up in the new tireset on there own. Bad news... I annoy the computer and get told I have low pressure since I set them all at 39/40 psi.... what's the threshold to not get a message?

Tires fit fine... wheels cleared brakes fine... I got a workout testing the supplied jack. And the airbags keep filling or are crosslinked so it takes a bit to get the tires off of the ground. I keep a plug kit in all vehicles... and wife knows how to use it as well... but I do need some sort of on board air and added that to my to do list.

The purple rear panel wasn't as offensive as I thought it would be. The purple wheels look pretty neat. We drove it through a few muddy ditches and lifted tires and didn't have any issues climbing out... the traction control set up is very seamless compared to old noisy and slow ones that I've seen offroaded in the past. No hesitation or slipping or noise... just cruised right through teeter tottering on two wheels and all. It got muddy. Wife was kinda sad she'd be driving it with new but muddy tires and wheels.... so I took it to the carwash at 10PM lol.

I'm really liking the blackout package due to the door sills and wheel opening trim being gloss black painted rather than gray plastic. Glad the landmarks automatically get this... because I wouldn't have paid the option price for it as a standalone. We have the digital gauges behind the steer wheel as well and I set one side to 4x4i and then forgot to even look at it lol. I think that the lift may compromise some artilculation. Maybe someday I'll get some measurments. Pocs in next post.

Quick Reply: 2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up