Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 04:45 AM
Winching
Received 352 Likes on 214 Posts

Excited to see the pics.

my Warn Zeon 10S is pretty tight next to the AC condenser. barely fit my hand in there.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by gmfain
Excited to see the pics.

my Warn Zeon 10S is pretty tight next to the AC condenser. barely fit my hand in there.
I doubt I will do it this weekend... never know. I sure hope that the m8000 fits and I dont have to run out and buy a Zeon... lol.

Old 10-29-2020, 06:25 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by TexasLandmark
I doubt I will do it this weekend... never know. I sure hope that the m8000 fits and I dont have to run out and buy a Zeon... lol.
Good luck. PM me if you need to call me, I'll answer anything I can.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:29 AM
Rock Crawling

So... dealer called me thursday. They lost paperwork for some TX inspection process to get plates on a new vehicle. This along with covid dmv has had us running paper playes since July 4th. They owned their mistake but needed me to bring disco by. I figured I'd have a little fun with the visit and told them to have a p400 Defender ready for me and the kids to test drive saturday morning lol... I'll make a thread for that. Fwiw i had the offroad tireset on the disco... they said that did not matter.
P400 def comparison by me

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 12-16-2020 at 04:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gmfain (11-02-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 09:40 AM
Rock Crawling

Hadn't updated in a while...

Hasn't needed a thing since purchase. No rattles or issues outside of the center screen locking twice and not working until parked for 20 minutes or so.. but that hasn't reoccurred for probably 4 months.

...the big news is... I still haven't installed the winch. Every three-day weekend for me it has freakin rained here. Hope to knock it out between christmas and new years.

Moved umbrella holder to passenger side because it bugged my wife on driver side and touched her legs lol.

Realized that with two air filter boxes I have no where to mount the onboard air under the hood that I can see... this may get mounted where the stock jack is... will determine later but that would make wiring super simple there.

I had a couple of stickers made up for the purple rear bumper panel when I thought it would only be on for offroad... it turns out that my wife really likes the purple ko2 set up so that is on 90% of the time. So now I have stickers and am not going to use them I guess. They are obnoxious between a pink "chelsea tractor" sticker and having our last name on the other... i thought it was silly and clever for an offroad only sticker... my wife thinks they are stoopid and she's probably right lol. I wonder if i can fit them under the vehicle somewhere that they could only be seen off road.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3626056.html
"
TOP DEFINITION
Chelsea Tractor
Any expensive 4x4 that is driven in an urban environment as a status symbol (typically for the school run) and will never be driven off-road.
Look, that Chelsea Tractor nearly flattened that kid!"

Unplugged the auto stop start capacitor set up. I thought I could ignore this and I was doing fine when it was still warm out and we ran ac because it pretty much never shut off the vehicle... it got colder and started driving me nuts... not because of functionality (which is fairly seamless) but because of my technical back ground, the unnecessary wear and tear was making me bonkers.

Have material to weld up rock sliders... will figure that out after winch... got my mandrel tube bender and dies from my parents garage where I left it over 15 years ago. This will let me make a nice bump out/ mini step off of the sliders.

Mounted the license plates with some fancy 8.99 stainless and grommeted bolts from ebay... subtle and look a ton better than standard Phillips screws.

DeusMexMachina (12-15-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 10:36 AM
Winching

Nice, looking forward to your winch install...... my rig is at the shop as of yesterday.

She has been flawless until now.

Old 12-15-2020, 11:49 AM
Rock Crawling

Oof. Def head issue likely. I typically work on german electronic material handling equipment for a living but that knowledge got me pulled into the tier iv diesel side of the company i work for as well. Whether it's a volvo, cummins, perkins or Mitsubishi disel, def heads are a constant issue. I don't like to poopoo on people's purchases but i refused to even look at diesel for personal use. My ford transit is currently whistling from a clogged def that shouldn’t be happening right now... and it's just a loaner that I've had for a month now because no one can figure out my mercedes sprinter dieing issues... with no sensor codes.

So i have a hard time even thinking you're having a rover related issue because i don't believe it is possible for ANYONE to make a reliable tier iv diesel.

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 12-15-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:17 PM
Winching

I understand completely.... I just love the torque and towing...... plus my commuter car is a 15 VW Jetta TDI, 50 mpg ave....

Old 12-15-2020, 02:36 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by gmfain
I understand completely.... I just love the torque and towing...... plus my commuter car is a 15 VW Jetta TDI, 50 mpg ave....
supercharged tows 8200 vs the diesels 7700?
No idea which feels better... if i need to tow a bunch I'd likely use our truck.

gmfain (12-16-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 08:47 AM
Rock Crawling

Someone asked about the TPMS I used for the spare set of wheels.

Amazon Amazon

They came with silver and matte black stems and caps... install them with an inch lbs torque wrench.

Instructions were vague. Take the little screw out and seperate the stem from the purple side. Install through hole on wheel. Hold the rectangle part of the stem with whatever size wrench (it's plastic so make sure it's the correct size "good enough" is not good here) and use a socket with an inch lb torque wrench on the Schrader valve side and tighten to 40 in/lbs /4.6 nM. Then you can reinstall the purple sensor part. If you try and tighten the stem by using the body against the wheel, you're going to twist that plastic rectangle inside the sensor body... ask me how I know.
theyve been installed for 6 months now and I've had zero issues.
I used the black stems and valve covers for the purple wheels but it came with silver too.

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 12-21-2020 at 08:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TexasLandmark:
1979rover (12-21-2020), gmfain (12-22-2020)

Quick Reply: 2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up