Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 04:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by discoiceland
Can you fit a beer in there? ... but joke apart, you mentioned on board air kit - what did you buy for that?
Lol. I don't think even a redbull would fit.

Onboard air... I'll install with pics at same time as winch. I do need to pop the hood and poke around for a spot to put it.. i won't be running a tank.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:26 PM
Rock Crawling

Ok... well, the umbrella holder annoys my wife on the driver side... it looks like if you're under 5'8" or so that it rubs the back of your calves... so I'll move it to the passenger side... oh well.
Also! . ..got notice from lucky 8 last week that the winch mount was at powder coater... and this morning I got a fedex tracking number for it... will be here before weekend supposedly but I doubt that I will get to it this weekend.

The following users liked this post:
gmfain (09-22-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 11:46 AM
Rock Crawling

Note to any one airing down... i found a setting in the menu that allows setting the tpms setting threshold lower (for non loaded travel). So with that set lower I can run the offroad wheelset lower than 41 psi and not get the annoying message.

Old 09-24-2020, 12:16 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasLandmark
Note to any one airing down... i found a setting in the menu that allows setting the tpms setting threshold lower (for non loaded travel). So with that set lower I can run the offroad wheelset lower than 41 psi and not get the annoying message.
Can you provide details?

Old 09-24-2020, 12:55 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BchBum11511
Can you provide details?
I'll take pictures of the menu sequence when I get the chance.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:46 AM
Rock Crawling

Here they are... I'm sure they are out of order because the mobile version of this site seems to rearrange the order to random
menu info... also note that I have the full digital screen and adaptive steering wheel buttons... not sure if the other gauge/display/steering wheek set up is the same... so YMMV

*vehicle information
To
*tyre info
To
*tpms load setting
**light is 35psi front 38 rear nominal
**normal is 45psi front 51 rear nominal

I'm not sure the threshold.. before on normal i think getting to 39 psi was the magic number that set off the low tire pressure alert so i set all four to 41psi and had no issues... but frequenting the beach and adding onboard air has me wanting to be able to go lower like 30psi since these are 20 inch wheels... it seems high compared to what I used to run offroad many years ago but still it beats the hell out of 41 psi.

Pics

Old 10-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This just caught my eye "It'll be at stock height and stock wheels and tires most of the time as this is my wife's daily driver". How will that work exactly if all the settings are now 2" higher than OE?

Old 10-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by runNride
This just caught my eye "It'll be at stock height and stock wheels and tires most of the time as this is my wife's daily driver". How will that work exactly if all the settings are now 2" higher than OE?
Most of the time I do not have the lift installed or the offroad wheelset installed.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling

So... getting ready to install winch and i have a fan I have not seen on other Discos... any thoughts? I will contact Lucky8 this week. Last photo to reference where eiger vs gloss black vs silver skid are. I know the winch fairlead comes out of the lower slot... i just don't see how id have room wjth that fan there... and not really sure even without the fan if it'd clear whatever heat exchanger that is.

hoping i don't have to weld a receiver mount on the winch mount I bought it and mount it like that... it'd **** me off... I want a winch on here and have run and used winches on my vehicles in the past but I want it hidden and not a booger hanging off the front of this to show off.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Alrighty then.... I guess lol.

Quick Reply: 2020 Landmark from Texas Mild build up