New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 Days and already in the shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 11:53 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

bought our 2018 Si6 model in September. Not one issue yet.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

2017 HSE TD6 for a year and a half, only major issue was a bad sensor, though it did go into the shop for 3 weeks because of it, but got a nice loaner. Only other issues were software related and it has been much more stable since the 19a update.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:44 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently my issue had to do with the battery cable and a loose nut. Don’t know the details but I have the car back. Between April and June, the car has been in for service for a total of 12 days. Very very thankful for the level of customer service from the manager. It makes the nuisance a little bit more bearable. But if there’s a loose nut this early on, then what do I have to deal with going forward!!? It’s a good thing I love the car.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

2017 Si6 bought as CPO at 13500 miles. Now had it 9 months and 7000 miles. Only had minor issues and I am very fussy. Had the dashboard hidden compartment door fixed, a seatbelt replaced that kept locking tight, and infotainment upated after a couple glitches that self corrected. No drivability prolems whatsoever. Hope I’m not jinxing myself.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

2018 Td6 SE with over 20,000 miles since April 18. Only issue was a stretched hood release cable that dealership was aware of as an issue - 45 minutes at the dealership to resolve. Otherwise a flawless vehicles. My two cents - wait and order what you want, avoid the problematic excess options that will be outdated with time and you will be more satisfied with your vehicle, take better care of it, and keep it longer which ultimately will reduce ownership costs.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:25 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We had our 2019 Disco for about a month before we sent it in to take care of a few issues which included;

- parking sensors were not working
- cracked turn signal lens
- rough paint on rear quarter panel

They had the car for over 30 days. It was an absurd process. We had the car shipped from one dealer to another and they were fighting about the paint as they think that it was repainted (terrible job) after coming from the factory. I'm pressing them for some compensation.

The upside is that during that time i found some 20" wheels and had the KO2's put on them and they look great!

Old 06-24-2019, 06:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Mine has has been great. I’ve found the issue to be the dealerships. Have them make sure all software is up-to-date and hasn’t seen a shop since.

Originally Posted by stillruns
I bleed LR green. But reviews on the new Discovery’s pretty much convince me to never spend $70k on one no matter how loyal an enthusiast. The few people I know who own one have the same problems as everyone else. No thanks. Plenty of other options out there with better ratings and certainly resale.. Sorry for your headache and best of luck.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by kurtisblo
We had our 2019 Disco for about a month before we sent it in to take care of a few issues which included;

- parking sensors were not working
- cracked turn signal lens
- rough paint on rear quarter panel

They had the car for over 30 days. It was an absurd process. We had the car shipped from one dealer to another and they were fighting about the paint as they think that it was repainted (terrible job) after coming from the factory. I'm pressing them for some compensation.

The upside is that during that time i found some 20" wheels and had the KO2's put on them and they look great!
Call a lemon law lawyer. Best thing I ever did with my 2017 GMC Sierra. 18k miles and was on my second tranny and third torque converter. My disco just purrs

Old 06-24-2019, 06:43 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
Call a lemon law lawyer. Best thing I ever did with my 2017 GMC Sierra. 18k miles and was on my second tranny and third torque converter. My disco just purrs
Thought about it. I at least did a few google searches on the topic. However, i figured that this would not accomplish anything. We fundamentally love the car and want to own it (or another one like it). There is really nothing wrong with the the car and they fixed everything despite it taking an absurd amount of time. Paint on the panel is clean, sensors were replaced, having new TPMS installed. So i think i'm better off trying to get some cash compensation for our troubles.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRed
Howdy from Texas!

New member... just joined today. Not new to forums though...

Unfortunately - we feel your pain.... same issues to a “T”. Bought a 2018 LRD TD6 a month ago... drove it home... within a few days noticed some squeaks and rattles, the Wifi wouldn’t work, and her Bluetooth was hiccupy. Drove it for a few weeks, made an appt, and took it back in. They had the truck for a little over 2 weeks diagnosing the Wifi issue.... and after 2 new SIM cards, ended up replacing the entire Wifi module. They did take care of the squeaks and rattles as well... so that’s nice.

Just now finally checked the Wifi; seems to be working. We do have a new issue though, and that is that her Apple CarPlay is being very finicky now (as it worked perfectly before). So, of course, my wife is pretty peeved.... but, I’m working on diagnosing it.

This is our first LR. And I went into this with eyes WIDE open... so I’m not totally surprised... Nonetheless, my wife isn’t very happy at the moment. We got rid of a perfectly good car (2016 QX60), albeit had older technology. Looks like we may be in for a fun ride.

Regardless, we both love the car. Great size and really nice ride overall. We plan to keep for the long run (hence the TD6).... so I guess we’ll see!

Glad to be forum member now!
7/9/19 - Update for everyone... Back in the shop as of last week (we dropped it off right before the 4th, so we knew they wouldn’t probably get to it until this week). It’s in for the following:
1. Bluetooth has background popping noise.
2. Apple CarPlay won’t allow us to answer an inbound call (well, you CAN answer, but you can’t hear the person calling in).
3. Two rattles in the dash.. One on the Piano Black trim that I know won’t be hard to fix. The other is the speaker cover which really isn’t noticeable and only rears its head every now and then (and I plan on fixing it with some foam or felt if they can’t identify it).
4. Loud rattle in second row seat again.
5. Air Compressor for AS... she had a loud POP one day, and then it gave her a warning message of “Locked in Normal Mode”. After being parked for awhile, it reset and was fine. The message showed up again about a day later; again, cleared after being parked for a bit. Car still functioned otherwise normally.

I swung by the dealership today because they wanted me to review things with them. They (kind of) fixed the piano black trim rattle in the dash, but in putting the trim back on, it’s a little crooked... so I told them it needs to be fixed again. They fixed the second row rattle and showed me what they think it was... I actually believe they got it right, and didn’t hear it on our test drive... suppose time will tell! Tech said “no codes thrown for compressor/AS”... but literally as we were driving off for test ride, the compressor made a horrid noise and I said “what the heck is that?!”... He responded with “well, I guess that’s the issue you were talking about”.... to which I responded “umm, this car has NEVER made that noise ever!! So yes, please check out the compressor!!”. I had to laugh... so now they are THOROUGHLY checking out the compressor and air suspension.

Bad news of the day... NOTHING they can do about the Bluetooth or CarPlay. They admit there’s an issue, and it’s with the communicating software from JLR and Apple... but there isn’t a fix as of now. They’re hopeful a SW update will find a patch sometime soon. Neither my iPhone nor my wife’s works correctly in her car. They both work flawlessly in mine tho.

Soooooo.... despite the small headaches, we both still love her Disco (tho she’s definitely peeved about the Bluetooth and CarPlay). It’s just the right size for our family of 4, without being huge SUV. Has luxury, but still ruggedness. Good looks, but not over-extravagant IMO. Tho - it’ll look a little meaner when I get her stock wheels back later this week; I had them powder-coated “Wet Black” for her Santorini Black Disco. Can’t wait!

Keep everyone posted....

Quick Reply: 5 Days and already in the shop