New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got their 2021 or 22 Discovery order pushed back?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 01:17 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy Anyone got their 2021 or 22 Discovery order pushed back?

I reached out to my dealer to do a follow-up on my order (2022 Discovery HSE R-Dynamic) since it's in the queue with a build date of 06/25 and a delivery date of 08/20. Unfortunately, my order along with everyone else was pushed back to 10/27. I'm sure it's due to chip shortages. I wish JLR was smart enough to stock pike these chips just in case but I guess not. Does anyone else get their order pushed back?

Old 07-26-2021, 05:49 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plan to order end of this year. Curious how much discount you got off MSRP % wise? Is dealer willing to negotiate in general?

Old 07-26-2021, 10:35 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine arrived a week early, ordered early March.

Old 08-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Drifting

When was your delivery date? How long did it take to get your new Disco?

Old 08-02-2021, 07:33 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My original delivery date was July 29, arrived at dealer the 21st. ordered around March 11-12.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:06 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We placed an order in late June and was told it should be expected in Oct. (ended up buying an available one out of state) I'm guessing there's little chance it will arrive anywhere close to that. I swear I read somewhere the factory closed for a week a some point in July.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:42 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlacMacJac
We placed an order in late June and was told it should be expected in Oct. (ended up buying an available one out of state) I'm guessing there's little chance it will arrive anywhere close to that. I swear I read somewhere the factory closed for a week a some point in July.
Thanks for the response. I'm in no rush in getting my new vehicle. I'll just wait for my later October delivery date. I heard the same thing about the factory only producing vehicles on certain days of the week. Factory workers had to cut back on their hours, etc. This pandemic really messed up everything in our lives.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:24 PM
Drifting

Update: 10/10 21
Got another update on my new vehicle. Its finally built! Now it's waiting at the port in the UK to be shipped. Hopefully by the time it floats across the big pond, the ports in the U.S. will open up since they're all backed up. The original delivery date is 10/27/21 however the new delivery date is 11/26/21. My salesman is hoping that it arrives sooner than that possibly be at their dealership by 10/27. Fingers crossed.

Old 10-17-2021, 01:05 AM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LR4Top
Update: 10/10 21
Got another update on my new vehicle. Its finally built! Now it's waiting at the port in the UK to be shipped. Hopefully by the time it floats across the big pond, the ports in the U.S. will open up since they're all backed up. The original delivery date is 10/27/21 however the new delivery date is 11/26/21. My salesman is hoping that it arrives sooner than that possibly be at their dealership by 10/27. Fingers crossed.
How did you make out? Not sure where you live or what port it arrives in but NY/NJ ports have been moving pretty well. We had a container arrive last 2 weeks ago that was delivered in normal time. Usually a week, week and a half from port arrival date.

I was told by a sales rep today that all custom orders after 10/1 were being charged an extra 2% because of shipping price increases. I don't know if that was accurate or a negotiating chip for him.

Old 10-17-2021, 09:30 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ammonation
How did you make out? Not sure where you live or what port it arrives in but NY/NJ ports have been moving pretty well. We had a container arrive last 2 weeks ago that was delivered in normal time. Usually a week, week and a half from port arrival date.

I was told by a sales rep today that all custom orders after 10/1 were being charged an extra 2% because of shipping price increases. I don't know if that was accurate or a negotiating chip for him.
I live in Dallas, Texas. They recently had a delivery of vehicles to fill their lot. I noticed that they had at least 10 new discovery vehicles for sale. Hopefully mine will arrive on time and to that port that you mentioned. It makes total sense though. The original delivery date was 10/27. He said it takes at least two weeks for delivery from the UK. Fingers crossed 🤞🏽

Quick Reply: Anyone got their 2021 or 22 Discovery order pushed back?