New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyway to see why check engine light is on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
Yeah, we could have access to all that.

Endless emission system issues was the reason I dumped my last diesel (Mercedes), and went with the Si6.I'm genuinely interested in your experiences with the Td6.
my Jeep never had issues but again I tuned it. I’ll probably order a tune for this one later this month. Usually they bypass a lot of the issues. So now I don’t have my ride till tomorrow. When I get it I’m driving to the coast to go paddle boarding so I’ll be all over the sands. Overall I love the diesel. After owning one before I couldn’t go gas. I considered it due to being able to find them more easily but ultimately I found exactly what I wanted.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Rock Crawling

Land Rover Houston Central wouldn’t give me a loaner or rental and now is expected to have it two days. Was told if it exceeds 4 days they’d consider a loaner. So as of right now the policy is if you take it in you need to go get your own rental and pay out of pocket even for warranty work. Not very happy with their terms.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:05 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

After all the stories I read about these vehicles and complaints I hear, why the hell would anyone pay $70k+ for one? I expect things to go wrong after 5-10 years, maybe. But not for a brand new vehicle. And now the dealer is saying they won’t give you a loaner while they keep it 2 days? What? I’ve never heard of this for a new auto, espically for a luxury auto.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
After all the stories I read about these vehicles and complaints I hear, why the hell would anyone pay $70k+ for one? I expect things to go wrong after 5-10 years, maybe. But not for a brand new vehicle. And now the dealer is saying they won’t give you a loaner while they keep it 2 days? What? I’ve never heard of this for a new auto, espically for a luxury auto.
Hey man, we paid good money for these problems! Cut us some slack

Old 10-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by stillruns
I'm not the kind of person to paint all dealers with the same brush. He seemed pretty shocked when I said I wanted it back tomorrow regardless. Luckily there's three dealerships near me so I'll find one that wants the business. I wish I had known those were the options prior to going in then I could have called around. From what I've read it seems like most people are given loaners or rentals if they don't have loaners so I'll just try other locations.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Mine gives a loaner every time for free. Whether for warranty work or just in for annual service

Old 10-05-2018, 12:07 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by BritCars
Mine gives a loaner every time for free. Whether for warranty work or just in for annual service
to be somewhat fair they said I could get one if I wanted to wait a month but maybe they don’t have very many

Old 10-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Mudding
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars

same here

Old 10-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Rock Crawling

My back wheels look like the camber might be off. Like they tilt in towards the top. Does this change once the air suspension kicks in or should I have it looked at?

Old 10-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Are you seeing this while in access height?

my wife’s is set up to go to access when vehicle is turned off.

Quick Reply: Anyway to see why check engine light is on?