Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Carplay & iOS 13

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Apple Carplay & iOS 13

Thought I would provide an update as to the updated Carplay features for iOS 13. Everything appears to be supported ( https://www.macworld.com/article/340...in-ios-13.html )

There is one aspect to the new Carplay version that JLR doesn't appear to support in 19A and that is the secondary data stream for HUD. If you have a heads up display on your vehicle the data stream is not coming over yet, hopefully it will in a future JLR update.

I do notice that it is a bit slow to load but I believe that is due to it being in beta. Once loaded I notice fewer issues than on iOS 12.x Carplay, such as the total infotainment lockup and reboot that would occasionally occur.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:33 AM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I’m also using iOS 13 beta with my Disco 5 running 19A. Whilst I find Apple CarPlay on iOS 13 works just fine the whole bluetooth nd hands free is still an abortion.

it is the most frustrating vehicle I’ve owned in this regard. Every version of 18x was problematic and, whilst 19A fixed THE most annoying bug (if you started on a journey and then stopped briefly such as refuelling and then started the car and continued everything would play up and you’d literally have to stop the car and lock it and walk away for 15 mins before you could continue) it is still hugely problematic with phone calls.

this morning; drive off and received an incoming call. Answered it on hands free and all worked beautifully. Hung up. 5 mins later I went to make an outbound call. Call connected, no audio. That’s then broken until you lock the car and leave it for 15 mins at least. But just as annoying there’s no no audio from DAB. Incoming call comes in, answer it, connected, still no audio. Revert to radio, now we have audio! But muted audio whereby it’s at about 20% the correct level and you can’t turn it up or down. It’s like the unit thinks it’s playing a navigation announcement and its turned down the radio. And, then, the audio returns. But still no handsfree. That won’t return until a full reboot of the car.

and it’s like this on just about every journey.

my standard line when answering incoming calls on handsfree, upon discovering that there’s no audio (but the caller can hear me) “FFS this bloody car handsfree, sorry I can’t hear you, I’ll call you back when I stop”

Old 08-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you tried disabling BT while in Carplay mode or just using BT? I haven't tested if BT is required for Carplay phone calls. It is possible iOS is getting confused on which output to send the audio to. It seems the Land Rover system is very keen on taking over BT audio control.

My frustration is with Waze basically anytime you navigate away from the app it resets the navigation. At least it prompts you to "resume". I might have to try some in-car calls. I don't think I have ever made more than one on a trip.

I certainly got the full system lockups you experienced in 18 which caused me to drop CarPlay all together until 19A.