New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The bad and the ugly...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 07:44 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow. That's incredible and entirely unacceptable. I've not followed your saga, but there's no way any dealer service department worth their salt should return a vehicle in this condition. Did you complain to the service manager? Another tactic - try complaining to your sales person. Different department, but if they sense that you may not become a repeat customer over this crap, they can help lean on service to make it right.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would complain to the manager and LR. LR is relentless in sending surveys out about it's dealers and service (I always get one from LR and one from the service center separately) and my service rep is VERY committed to making sure everything is taken care of properly so I give high marks on the corp survey. When work was being done on my Disco, they opened the door into something and scratched the inside edge of the door, it was a tiny scratch and I told them I'd be fine if they threw some touch-up paint on the mark (it was a tiny scratch). The next day my service rep called me and said she didn't like the touch-up paint as you could still see where the scratch was, so she loaned me a car had the door re-painted a few days later. When I came to pick it up she had the body guy there just in case it wasn't good enough ...I would have been fine with the touch-up paint. Right now I'm waiting for a 3rd row roof handle because that got cracked when they took the headliner out to replaced the FOB sensor ...service rep ordered the replacement as soon as it was noticed it was damaged, was very apologetic for the damage even though it was a minor thing. No way they'd ever give back a truck looking like that.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Holy Moly, that's pathetic. LRoA has to be involved at this point. Although my only experience with them was a "call my dealer" response. But that was a sales question.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Is there any Land Rover that is put together properly?

Are these problems why the MF and residual are so aggressive?

Old 12-20-2018, 01:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

You guys are NOT making me feel remotely secure about finally ordering one of these . . .

Of course, I may never actually get it so there is that too . . .

Even that is likely to cost me two 1/4 point interest hikes [1/2] by the time it gets here.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalWiley
That useless 3rd row is how I ended up with my Disco. Every once in a while I've got in-laws or a few of my kids' friends and need the space, I was tired of having to take two cars in those cases. I took six kids to a carnival last weekend and it must have looked like a clown car with all the kids coming out of the back that is seemingly too small for a 3rd row from the outside. Although 90% of the time the seats are folded and my dog laying down in the back.

I still have yet to run into any scenario where I needed to raise or lower my back seats remotely from my phone ...but I'm ready.
Couldn't agree more about the 3rd row. My wife insisted on one, and a useful one at that. We'd had an X5 - which has a smaller 3rd row - and the handful of times we used it: priceless. The one in the Disco 5 is great and we wouldn't want the vehicle without it.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by canon_mutant
You guys are NOT making me feel remotely secure about finally ordering one of these . . .

Of course, I may never actually get it so there is that too . . .

Even that is likely to cost me two 1/4 point interest hikes [1/2] by the time it gets here.
Agree!!!

Old 02-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We have 3 more issues with our D5:
1) I wanted to re-fill the washer fluid and was unable to open the hood: pulling the lever doesn't' release the latches. Completely unacceptable, as this is the second time we have issues with the hood!

2) Passenger armrest popped open while my wife made herself comfortable. Now, the armrest falls down and doesn't stay in place (picture rotated 90degrees):

3) with temperatures in the low 30s, the heater is not really blowing hot air, even when set to highest setting and re-circulating air => it's hard to get heat into the cabine....

Old 02-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BelGSX-R
We have 3 more issues with our D5:
1) I wanted to re-fill the washer fluid and was unable to open the hood: pulling the lever doesn't' release the latches. Completely unacceptable, as this is the second time we have issues with the hood!

2) Passenger armrest popped open while my wife made herself comfortable. Now, the armrest falls down and doesn't stay in place (picture rotated 90degrees):

3) with temperatures in the low 30s, the heater is not really blowing hot air, even when set to highest setting and re-circulating air => it's hard to get heat into the cabine....
We’ve reached temperatures near the -30 mark (centigrade) and had no issue with heat (Si6).

Old 02-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2019D5
Couldn't agree more about the 3rd row. My wife insisted on one, and a useful one at that. We'd had an X5 - which has a smaller 3rd row - and the handful of times we used it: priceless. The one in the Disco 5 is great and we wouldn't want the vehicle without it.
Haha, ironically today I got pulled into a Scout trip because they need another adult with room for 6 scouts. I had to be very clear that I can haul gear OR kids but not both. Luckily there are some other pickup trucks taking all the gear, I'm just bringing bodies. The 3rd row does come in handy and this is now the second trip I had to pack in a bunch of people. I do wish I got a roof rack though, at least for my gear.