New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarPlay in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 09:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

Got my D5 back today with Phase 4 update. Service advisor said CarPlay was extra charge so he didn't add it. But I think I have it anyway, I see CarPlay as a choice but I haven't connected iPhone yet to see.
I did lose the outside temperature that used to be on the home screen. I can find it on one of the other screens - climate I think. But I'd like it on the home screen if I can do it.
I know it's in the center of the speedo/tach area.

Car is now online but doesn't recognize my email address when I try to login. Will work on it more tomorrow.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I noticed the volume control on left side of the steering wheel is much more responsive/quicker than it used to be. I believe I was at phase 2.5 before.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ALScott
How do you get to this screen?
You start at the Nav page, the go to Nav settings. Scroll down to About, then you’ll see app details. More info here in the first post’s attachment. I believe these are the steps if you have Phase 2.5? Can someone confirm?

Link

Old 10-18-2018, 10:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I think I got to it also by swiping the screen to the left - it opened up a new screen I didn't have before phase 4.
Or, swipe right and it opened up a page that I could add lots of quick access apps just like adding an app to an iPhone. The list of possible apps to add was 5 pages long.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:59 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the 2017 Disco V back yesterday, with new screens and GUI. However, no CarPlay. I took it right back and talked to the tech. He said there is an optional "SmartPhone Pack" that he did not download. I told that he should because my guess is that CarPlay is in there. He will be doing that today and I will report back.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pendergastjm
I got the 2017 Disco V back yesterday, with new screens and GUI. However, no CarPlay. I took it right back and talked to the tech. He said there is an optional "SmartPhone Pack" that he did not download. I told that he should because my guess is that CarPlay is in there. He will be doing that today and I will report back.
I dont have luck finding a dealership that is helpful on this.
a few weeks ago, upgrade from 2.5 to phase 4. Lost voice guidance and control. Went in for repair, resulting in a replacement of the whole unit. Dealer flashed to 18C, but no carplay.
They keep telling me to call LR USA to add option, but LR tells me to contact retailer...

Old 10-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just confirmed with my SA that the CarPlay update is ready for install in my vehicle. Made an appointment for tomorrow. I'll report back.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Since mine is in the shop, I asked them to add Car Play. They told me that they were installing it recently, but suspended new installs. I'll see if I can get more info. This is the same advisory who installed the Advanced Tow Assist for me for free when I asked, so there might be a legit reason they stopped Car Play.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Picked ours up and CarPlay is a go. To refresh, we'd already had 18C installed, so this is definitely "something else" though I didn't remember to do before/after pix of the various software versions. Works great.

BTW - for those wondering about how to exit CarPlay to return to the LR screens...the best way is to install the LR app on your phone and enable it in CarPlay settings on your phone. Once done, there's an LR app icon on the CarPlay screen. Press it and presto, back to the LR screens. And, once done, the "phone" module on the LR screen takes you back into CarPlay as needed.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle

2019D5: please explain which LR app to install on iPhone? Do you mean InControl?

Quick Reply: CarPlay in the USA