Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D5 on the Nurburgring!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Angry

Now you know what to get for your next track car / family suv! I knew they put those 20" wheels on there for something! I'll stick to my D2 for utility / off road -thx. -Didn't buy it to win a race.. Really tho, I do not understand the go-fast, road suv or truck concept. Isn't that what cars are for??? I get it with an X6, GLE coupe, F-pace or the like but, why can't an SUV have 16" wheels, ladder frame, solid axles and plenty of ground clearance any more? Especially from L A N D R O V E R!!! IT'S IN THE NAME! Who ever asked for a car from a truck company? LR is really going off the rails, man.. sad to see. I can't wait to see the new Defender run a road course.. That'll be the official end, as we know it.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wjsj69
Now you know what to get for your next track car / family suv! I knew they put those 20" wheels on there for something! I'll stick to my D2 for utility / off road -thx. -Didn't buy it to win a race.. Really tho, I do not understand the go-fast, road suv or truck concept. Isn't that what cars are for??? I get it with an X6, GLE coupe, F-pace or the like but, why can't an SUV have 16" wheels, ladder frame, solid axles and plenty of ground clearance any more? Especially from L A N D R O V E R!!! IT'S IN THE NAME! Who ever asked for a car from a truck company? LR is really going off the rails, man.. sad to see. I can't wait to see the new Defender run a road course.. That'll be the official end, as we know it.
I don't have any problem with it... It is still a beast off road.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by disco5fl
I don't have any problem with it... It is still a beast off road.

Agreed, stock versus stock I would bet $$$$ the D5 would out perform the D2 in any terrain.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I think it’s testament to how capable cars (of all types) are these days.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

One of the things I miss about my Pepper is, with 4 corner air and summer shoes, how planted that thing was period much less for an SUV not to mention how well that TDI ran with a performance tune. Yet, put the Terra Grapplers on it, lift the AS, and the thing would go anywhere we wanted period with 8 gears, locking diffs, body shielding, and all that diesel torque even without 4 low. Though this video is is quite impressive, after fairly lengthy test drives, the Disco isn't going to be quite as tame at high speed nor did I expect it to be, but living out in the sticks now, bumping across 240 acres, in the winter, and up on the mountain trails, I'm just going to put some H rated fairly tame ATRs on this and just run them year round.

Might hurt my Nurburgring run though . . .

Of course, I don't have one planned . . . [details]

May never get it anyway at the rate we are going . . .