Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to close sunroof??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 11:11 AM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PurpleRain
I laugh at the joke, but I paid this much for a car and didn't realize it doesn't have seat memory function...
Buying a used D5, for me, was a new experience in deciphering what is/is not included, but I expected to be included, when paying this much for a car. Some surprising config choices by LR. In the end it was the extra remaining CPO warranty that made this one right for me, but still...

Old 03-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 140 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. And the laughs too!!
I know it's funny that we didn't know it has a sunroof. But it's not obvious from outside as it's just a giant glass roof. And the instructions show a sunroof open button which we don't have, so I therefore thought there was no sunroof

Anyway - something clearly wrong and our car was assembled with the wrong console unit! That doesn't inspire confidence...

Here is the temporary fix. It's not detailed anywhere in the manual that I could find. But our cars do have a global close feature. Press and hold the door lock button on the drivers door, after 3 seconds of holding it goes into global close and the windows and roof close while your finger is still pressing the button. So - we got it closed!

But - need to fix the issue of missing control buttons inside...
Glad you were able to find a way to get it closed. This was hilarious to read and yes it’s amazing that in a world where the assembly process is so closely planned and monitored, these things still happen. Had a similar (though more beneficial to me) situation a few years back when I had ordered a BMW and when we went to pick it up it turned out that it had the screen for iDrive and Navigation, when we had ordered it w/o that (was a $1,500 option). Well, turns out the day it was assembled there had been a computer glitch and cars built that day presented inconsistencies like that (we thought it was a byproduct of Oktoberfest partying hangover).

Assume JLR installed the right console at their dime right?

UPDATE: had not noticed this was a 2+ year old thread. Still, pretty hilarious situation.

Last edited by Juancl; 03-08-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Yes - they ordered the replacement console button set for the roof and when I took it in for service they swapped it over.
Never really used the sunroof since, so not a big deal once I worked out how to close it again!!

Old 03-08-2021, 09:53 PM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Juancl
UPDATE: had not noticed this was a 2+ year old thread. Still, pretty hilarious situation.
Sorry. My fault. I’ve had my lift gate open mysteriously a couple times when I’m not nearby and thought maybe the button in the fob was being inadvertently pressed in my pocket. Looking for posts about changing the “open” button behavior -> found general posts about “open” functions -> then this post & couldn’t stop myself... I did realize it was old, but at least now we have the ending to the story!

Last edited by New2LRinCA; 03-08-2021 at 09:55 PM.